What makes you laugh?

General and high profile video game topics.
DaHeckIzDat

What makes you laugh?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 8th, 2021, 12:17 am

What's something in a video game that never fails to make you laugh?

I'm playing Just Cause 3 right now, and it has a mechanic where you can steal any vehicle and drop it off at a garage for them to make more of. Then it'll be added to your "Rebel Drop" app to summon one whenever you need it. I love finding the junkiest, slowest, ugliest cars in the game and dropping them off at the garage just to hear how confused the lady on the radio gets. "Oh, uh, thank you, Rico. I don't know why you'd want one of those, but we'll bring it to you if you ask."

Cafeman

Re: What makes you laugh?

Postby Cafeman » September 8th, 2021, 12:36 am

Earthworm Jim's animations and ridicilous scenarios make me laugh. Like when you blast a crow with the big gun, in level 1, leaving only black feathers.

Crash Bandicoot is hilarious at times too.

txsizzler

Postby txsizzler » September 12th, 2021, 10:01 am

I find the funniest things in games, are usually some unintentional thing that occurs (usually some physics based thing that goes awry). For example, in Just Cause 3, some of the physics based things that can happen in that game are so incredulous that you can't help but crack a smile! And then in some of the Elder Scrolls games, in particular Oblivion, the glitches that occur from some of the physics can get me rolling.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 12th, 2021, 10:58 am

I agree that some of the funniest things are the most unintentional.

For example in Quantum Break after you shoot a bad guy they fall with this weird "rag doll" physics, limbs in all directions. And the bodies slide around the floor. At one point a body was stuck in an elevator door, with the door just pounding against it over and over. It was so comical I wondered why designers would allow it to occur in such an otherwise serious game.

Den

Postby Den » September 12th, 2021, 3:57 pm

"Earl is a poindexter."

Return to “Video Games General”