Best video game baddies?

General and high profile video game topics.
DaHeckIzDat

Best video game baddies?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 6th, 2021, 10:35 pm

I just restarted Persona 5 Royal, and I'm remembering how big an @$$hole the first villain, Kamoshida is. He's your gym teacher and a former Olympic medalist, but now he abuses his students both violently and sexually. One female student even attempts suicide because of the threats he's made if she doesn't sleep with him. And the following scene where you confront him about it and he insults the girl and then decides to get you expelled just for standing up to him? It made me legitimately mad.

In a game where you fight demons inside people hearts to stop a mental genocide from spreading through Japan, who would've thought the worst (and therefore best) villain would be a smug child molester?

What about you guys? Who are your favorite video game villains?

BlasteroidAli

Re: Best video game baddies?

Postby BlasteroidAli » October 7th, 2021, 9:12 pm

I vote for O in 3d tick tac toe. My most evil nemesis of X. :D

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » October 7th, 2021, 11:47 pm

Captain LeChuck from the Monkey Island series deserves a mention or two. A creation of his own greed and a scourge among those he's crossed. His hatred was even what kept him alive for five games, whether it's in ghost form, zombie form and even as a demon. Plus his actor played the shrink from the Terminator trilogy.

King K. Rool, aka my Smash main. I think what gives him the title is the fact the plot of Donkey Kong Country starting by him stealing Donkey Kong's banana specifically to starve him to death. Damn...

Metal Gear Solid's lore is a mess, so don't even get me started on Revolver Ocelot's backstory. I just think he's an overall cool character, design and personality in mind. The fact that he gets his kicks from torturing his interrogation victim is worth putting on the list of scum alone.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » October 10th, 2021, 11:32 am

Andrew Ryan (BioShock).... though I could also agree he's not a baddie considering the storyline.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 10th, 2021, 1:07 pm

CaptainCruch wrote:Andrew Ryan (BioShock).... though I could also agree he's not a baddie considering the storyline.

I would argue he IS a bad guy, just not a "Mwa ha ha, imma destroy the world!" type. He was born into wealth and all the "work" he's ever done is sign papers, but he still considers himself a "salt of the earth worker" and thinks the reason nobody else is rich like him is because they're all lazy parasites. So he builds a city where the rich live in luxury and the laborers are told they're parasites for not having as much money as the upper class.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 10th, 2021, 3:47 pm

I recall a big cybernetic demon in the original Doom games (1 and 2) which would strike fear into my heart with its screeching sounds as it approached. I'm thinking about when I was playing the 32X version.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » October 10th, 2021, 5:17 pm

I'm surprised no one has mentioned these bad boys from the Final Fantasy universe:

Zemus/Zeromus - FF4 - a misanthropic Lunarian who controls beings on Earth including one thought to be evil Golbez, and then there's the true form of Zemus' hatred Zeromus, a frightening abomination the party faces at the end with an array of deadly powers.

Kefka - FF6 - This psychotic harlequin clown is among the most well known, the embodiment of insanity and corruption. From poisoning a kingdom's water supply, controlling a magic user, to the worst of all; turning the Earth into a scorched wasteland and beaming any resistance.

Sephiroth - FF7 - Probably the most well-known ever in this universe, a creation from birth due to alien organism cells, believes it's his destiny to become a god by summoning a gigantic meteor to severely damage the planet in order to absorb the energy and become a supreme being. Plus killing off the very last remnant of a civilization, and manipulating the main protagonist into doing his bidding.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » October 10th, 2021, 5:30 pm

Frau Engel-Wolfenstein

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » October 12th, 2021, 11:43 am

Mr. Bison

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 14th, 2021, 11:53 pm

Wow, how stupid can I be? Making a thread about villains and NOT mentioning the greatest horror antagonist ever?

Return to “Video Games General”