Games you'd buy if you had money to burn

General and high profile video game topics.
Alucard1191

Re: Games you'd buy if you had money to burn

Postby Alucard1191 » October 23rd, 2021, 4:20 pm

I really wouldn't mind officials of many Saturn releases like Panzer Dragoon Saga and the like, but the fact that you can get burnt copies cheap that look professional is fine for that.

I would 2nd some old school arcade cabinets. I'd love House of the Dead 1+2, Time Crisis, and/or Alien vs. Predator and the two DnD games. Of course, I currently have absolutely no where I could put said cabinets.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » October 23rd, 2021, 8:53 pm

The Amazing Spiderman: Web of Fire for the 32X. Its the only game left in that system's NTSC catalog I don't have.

djc

Postby djc » October 23rd, 2021, 8:58 pm

James Buster Douglass Boxing for the Sega Master System only because I am still bitter at the fact that I owned the game when I was younger and I lent it to a friend who never returned it.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » October 24th, 2021, 10:11 am

Knuckles Chaotix (32X)
Snatcher (Sega CD)

noah98

Postby noah98 » October 24th, 2021, 12:34 pm

Devil Crash for the PC Engine (Uncensored version of Devil's Crush)

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » October 28th, 2021, 3:17 am

Hmm.. Probably the entire catalog of TurboGrafx-16 games. Growing up, I didn't own this console nor did I know anyone who did either. But I'd see ads, reviews and screenshots for the games in various video game magazines, and I always thought that they looked pretty enticing. And thanks to emulation, I've got to play quite a few of these games, and I must say I really like what I've played so far. Now granted, if I were to buy the entire library of games for this console, I'd run the risk of picking up a few clunkers along the way. Just like trying to collect for any console, really. But as said, I always thought the TG-16 was a pretty cool little system, and it would be amazing if I could find one some day.

As for individual games, I would have to say Little Sampson and Noah's Ark for the NES. Both are as rare as Hen's teeth, and as a result, cost a fair bit of coin. But unlike some other rare games for retro consoles, they are also both quite good. Hard as nails, but good. And on the other side of the coin, River Raid for the good ol' 2600. Definitely not rare by any stretch, but it's an all time favorite of mine. And it's also a game that my dad and myself would play quite a bit back in the day. Sadly, I've never owned this one myself. I'd always borrow it off one of my older cousins. So I'd like to have a copy of this for myself. And who knows? Maybe I can get my dad to have a game or two with me for old time's sake..

And finally, if I had a crazy amount of money to burn, I'd get me a pinball table or two. Specifically one from the 70's or 80's. I don't know if they're as complex or as challenging as more recent tables. But there's something about pinball tables from that era that looks aesthetically pleasing to me for some reason. Not that modern tables are ugly by any stretch. Far from it, actually. A lot of them look quite nice, really. But as said, the older ones just have that look to them that really catches my eyes in a way that newer tables don't. Not sure why, to be honest. But that's just the way I feel....

astrodomekid

Postby astrodomekid » November 12th, 2021, 8:31 am

Chrono Trigger (SNES) and Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64). Both classics from what I've heard, but holy [expletive] they're expensive! :shock:

strat

Postby strat » November 12th, 2021, 10:00 am

Wow, I was going to suggest getting the DS port of CT but that's pretty scalped on ebay, too.

Den

Postby Den » November 12th, 2021, 6:14 pm

I would buy an arcade DDR machine. You can buy the fanciest metal pad for home use but it still won't compare to the real thing.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » November 13th, 2021, 7:43 pm

As many arcade games as I could. My first purchase would probably be Death Race. Exidy 1976. Then the sit-down version of Hydro Thunder and Tron.

Return to “Video Games General”