Food Related Games?

General and high profile video game topics.
Matchstick

Re: Food Related Games?

Postby Matchstick » October 29th, 2021, 4:10 pm

Fast Food was the first one I thought of, but I do absolutely think Burger Time is the heavyweight champ of this discussion.

As far as ones that haven’t been mentioned yet, how about that freebie Doom Clone shooter that came in the cereal boxes back in the 90s? Chex Quest, I think? We didn’t have an “IBM Compatible” PC at the time, so I played it mostly at a friend’s house, and had a pretty great time.

Speaking of Doom Clones, in PO’ed, you play as the ship’s cook, tasked with fighting off alien invaders. Not really a “food game,” but I believe some of your weapons are egg beaters and meat cleavers? Such a goofy game, that one.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » October 29th, 2021, 5:10 pm

I don't know if this one counts, but if any of you grew up in the 90's and ate Chex cereal there was this FPS game: Chex Quest, you are a piece of cereal zapping slime monsters back to their own dimension. Fun, but it's only 5 levels though at least there's the highest difficulty to keep things interesting.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » October 29th, 2021, 6:54 pm

Zack Burner wrote:...if any of you grew up in the 90's and ate Chex cereal there was this FPS game: Chex Quest...

See above, Zack :P

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » October 30th, 2021, 1:29 am

Piece o' Cake and Mangia for the 2600. Truth be told, both are mediocre at best. And Mangia is just flat out weird. But I'm kind of into them.

Ferf13

Postby Ferf13 » November 1st, 2021, 8:34 pm

There is Jawbreaker (2600) and Fruit Ninja (Xbox 360).

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » November 2nd, 2021, 12:10 am

I am going to recommend Bible Buffet solely for the fact that specific game is how I discovered the AVGN. Don't remember if it's any good, and I don't care. I just remember it being a board game on the nes by Wisdom Tree, yet it has no references to the Bible but food here, food there, food everywhere. Lmao

Tron

Postby Tron » November 2nd, 2021, 1:34 am

Burger Time

Oh snaps, 3+ peeps already mentioned it. Even got titled “Heavy Weight” champ of food-based video games. Congrats Burger Time!

Only thing I can think of is those Burger King games for the Xbox 360. I thought it was absolutely awesome that Burger King made those games. Sadly I never got one. I planned to, but never got to it.

GeoX

Postby GeoX » November 2nd, 2021, 6:03 am

Almost every zombie game revolves around food, as in brains!

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » November 2nd, 2021, 5:56 pm

Tron wrote:Burger Time

Oh snaps, 3+ peeps already mentioned it. Even got titled “Heavy Weight” champ of food-based video games. Congrats Burger Time!

Only thing I can think of is those Burger King games for the Xbox 360. I thought it was absolutely awesome that Burger King made those games. Sadly I never got one. I planned to, but never got to it.

Those worked on the original Xbox as well.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » November 2nd, 2021, 6:42 pm

Robotrek wrote:
Tron wrote:Burger Time

Those worked on the original Xbox as well.

Wait, what? Cross compatibility of XB/XB360???

Return to “Video Games General”