Battle of the As: Episode 5 - Resident Evil 4 vs The Last of Us

General and high profile video game topics.
Voor

Battle of the As: Episode 5 - Resident Evil 4 vs The Last of Us

Postby Voor » November 24th, 2021, 3:04 pm

I’m a bit of a scaredity cat, so I haven’t played either, but I’ve seen a lot of footage of both. Different in their own right, but both highly regarded among fans and critics.

Let’s see what you got!

(PS: if you enjoy these threads and have some ideas for future episodes, send em my way!)

MSR1701

Re: Battle of the As: Episode 5–Resident Evil 4 vs The Last of Us

Postby MSR1701 » November 30th, 2021, 1:02 pm

Voor wrote:I’m a bit of a scaredity cat, so I haven’t played either, but I’ve seen a lot of footage of both. Different in their own right, but both highly regarded among fans and critics.

Let’s see what you got!

(PS: if you enjoy these threads and have some ideas for future episodes, send em my way!)

Not a fan of either, though I do appreciate RE4 for bringing the RE series into full 3D. Never tried Last of Us, and right now don't have the hardware to take a spin on it.

Interested to see what this thread has for responses, as this is a genre I tend to not dig into much (aside from the GBC Alone in the Dark and the odd RE2 PSX/N64 run).

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » November 30th, 2021, 3:37 pm

I've played portions of both. :)

I feel like I made it pretty far into RE4 before hitting a road block on the 'ol Gamecube before calling it.

As for The Last of Us I only made it about 30-45 minutes in before calling it on the PS4.

As for which is better my vote goes to RE4. I sunk hours into it. The Last of Us didn't even last an hour before I got sidetracked with something else.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » November 30th, 2021, 7:06 pm

Last of Us was basically a B movie.

Resident Evil 4 I appreciate and thus recognize it's quality and why, to some, this could be a top ten of all time. Not really my cup of tea but I get why it and Silent Hill 2 are considered horror classics.

Last of Us completely staggers my imagination as to why this game gets the love it does. I think I would watch an entire season of Golden Girls before playing it again.

Resident Evil 4 for the win.

Alucard1191

Re: Battle of the As: Episode 5 - Resident Evil 4 vs The Last of Us

Postby Alucard1191 » December 1st, 2021, 9:27 pm

Add me to the "RE4" crowd. I also don't really get the whole 'last of us' love. I've played it with friends and was just ... okay. It isn't bad but it wasn't anything amazing to me. (So take my review here as it is. I only have put a few hours into this one.)

RE4 on the other hand I view as a fantastic B movie. Dialogue that's cheezy but fun. The gameplay is great, mercenary mode gives a lot of replay value. I actually don't mind the QTE's.

"WHAT ARE YOU BUYIN?"

Absolutely love that game.

Voor

Postby Voor » December 1st, 2021, 10:41 pm

^^^reminded me of this:

https://youtu.be/7oXx0qwe0wc

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » December 2nd, 2021, 10:57 am

Voor wrote:^^^reminded me of this:

https://youtu.be/7oXx0qwe0wc

Ah yes. I remember that was one of the first YouTube videos I had ever watched. Apparently they got threatened with a myriad of charges from the local police over that.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » December 9th, 2021, 10:43 pm

Most definetly like Last of us much better .

Return to “Video Games General”