Reviews you Hate

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Reviews you Hate

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 17th, 2022, 5:35 pm

Do you hate any reviews on this site?
Maybe there are a few you just dislike in general?
Speak up and let us know! You might not be the only one.
Also please say why.

BanjoPickles

Re: Reviews you Hate

Postby BanjoPickles » March 17th, 2022, 6:36 pm

Sorry, but I absolutely despised your Bloodborne review! I’ve seen notoriously worse games receive higher scores.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » March 18th, 2022, 6:45 am

While there are several I disagree with (Lion King Game Boy, one example), everyone has their thoughts, and the honest reviews are one of the reasons I still follow this site after all these years. While I may not agree with all the reviews, that they are written from personal thoughts and not just to meme and/or trigger a reaction, I respect the work put in.

JohanOberg

Postby JohanOberg » March 18th, 2022, 8:25 am

Not really, but I did complain once in a youtube video I did about the Kunio series of games (Super Dodge Ball etc) when you have Nintendo World Cup a D- saying your friend couldn't figure out how to shoot or pass, because A is shoot and B is pass, how hard could it be(you have to have the ball yourself to be able to shoot though). I still don't think D- for that game is fair, but oh well.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » March 18th, 2022, 9:32 am

I've already said my piece on the reviews that shove your politics down my throat.

Don't ban us from talking about them, if you can't follow your own rules. Usually, you're just getting outraged over clickbait or complaining about small bits of diversity.

Beyond that? Hate's far too strong a word. I disagree with your Manic Mansion review, but I had endless time to experiment when I played it. Your Majora's Mask review became much more understandable after I learned about the changes to the 3ds version, which wastes your time and gives you less of it. I wish you'd give the N64 version a go - it's much more manageable, especially with the song to slow time.

But I understand why you won't.

I guess the worst review is the one you gave Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, where you falsely claim this ended the series instead of Mark of the Wolves...which is considered the best in the series, by far. Your conclusion that they simply ran out of ideas was pulled directly out of your pants.

Whenever your opinion gets in the way of basic facts, that's a problem. We wouldn't give a free pass to IGN or Gamespot if they made this kind of mistake.
Last edited by ThePixelatedGenocide on March 18th, 2022, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Den

Postby Den » March 18th, 2022, 9:59 am

I don't like your review for Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, because you say the timing is important in hitting the select button to regain health between rounds, when it isn't. :) Just hit it any time, it doesn't matter.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » March 18th, 2022, 10:14 am

Den wrote:I don't like your review for Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, because you say the timing is important in hitting the select button to regain health between rounds, when it isn't. :) Just hit it any time, it doesn't matter.

Wait, seriously? You can do that during a round??? (Not sarcasm)

Den

Postby Den » March 18th, 2022, 11:10 am

No, not during rounds -- but any time between rounds. VGC's review says there's specific timing to it.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » March 18th, 2022, 11:31 am

Den wrote:No, not during rounds -- but any time between rounds. VGC's review says there's specific timing to it.

Ah, gotcha

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » March 18th, 2022, 12:49 pm

NES Gyruss

Based on your score it looks like you didn't play through much of the game before declaring that it's too easy. There actually is a final boss and ending, and it gets somewhat tough later on. And if you do beat the game, the difficulty increases in the second loop.

Return to “Video Games General”