Life Imitates Video Games

General and high profile video game topics.
comchia

Re: Life Imitates Video Games

Postby comchia » May 20th, 2022, 11:13 pm

Matchstick wrote:
comchia wrote:...my girlfriend effectively re-enacted part of the opening scene of Wing Commander IV...

I knew exactly what you were getting at before I even finished reading your post, comchia.

Few things in life make me happier than hearing Mark Hamill's gruff, "This pisses me off," replay in my mind. It's been decades since I played through WC4, but those dialogue trees definitely had some memorable gems!

I'm glad you do! That's such a memorable scene, isn't it? And it helps establish the good ethics Blair has on his shoulders (as long as you choose well later on, of course). I usually play at least one of the games at least once a year. I still adore that franchise, especially in narrative.

I'm hoping neither me or my girlfriend will have to fight that guy like Seether, though. ;)

Tron

Postby Tron » May 21st, 2022, 8:46 pm

A few years back I was walking home from the liquor store when this amazing sports car stopped at the intersection. Without a thought I walked over towards the driver’s door. Grabbed the dudes arms and pulled him out of the car. I gave him a kick in the torso for good measure and then took his car. I was flooring it and blowing through stopsigns and then the cops started chasing me. I realized I i needed a Pay n Spray and fast. Thankfully I found one and a got a sweet new paint job. As I pulled out the cops were there just glaring at me. I yelled at them, “This ain’t the car you’re looking for. The one you want is red”.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » July 25th, 2022, 4:42 am

I remember being in first grade going around saying, "Buy somethin, will ya?" at school, like the shopkeeper from Legend of Zelda, even though I had nothing to sell. It was around this time they started putting me on Ritalin.

Return to “Video Games General”