Game you NEVER want to play again

General and high profile video game topics.
JohanOberg

Re: Game you NEVER want to play again

Postby JohanOberg » June 26th, 2022, 3:02 am

Uncharted 2 (or any other in the series) completely exhausted me and I don't want to experience it again

Cosmo Police Galivan (Famicom) I don't want to -beat- that game again, 10 hour playtime for an NES game that's not an RPG is hard to stomach, especially when half that time is spent grinding. Good game though, kind of metroidvania in 1988, but once is enough.

brendand

Postby brendand » June 26th, 2022, 7:32 am

Soul Fighter Dreamcast , Spirit of Speed 1937 Dreamcast , Action 52 Sega Genesis i am sure there is alot more duds as well.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 26th, 2022, 9:25 am

I had to crack up when I saw Spirit of Speed. That game has a certain distinction among my friends that makes us smile.

Also, I can understand Uncharted 2. A lot of times when I get through a long grueling adventure, I saw to myself, "I'm NEVER going to play that again!" Of course that might change 10 years down the road, especially when your memories of it begin to fade...

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » June 26th, 2022, 7:02 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
matmico399 wrote:Taz-Genesis. I hated that game when I first played it, I hated that I actually bought it, I hated that I got lil money for it on resale. This one still sits in my crawl as a game I never wish to play again. Hell I'd rather play Bubsy then that.

Funny story about this. My friend Eric and I were pretty gung ho about this game until we played it, and yeah, it was not so good.

So our first instinct was to run over Video Game Traders to see if we could recoup some of our hard-earned cash.

We got there and were mortified to see a long row of Taz games behind the counter. There must have been at least 25. We didn't think they'd even be willing to take ours.

Sure enough, they gave us like $30 each or something crazy like that. It was hard to maintain our "poker" faces. We took off from that place like a pair of bandits!
LOL

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » June 29th, 2022, 2:03 am

Sonic & the Secret Rings (Wii). I hate this game. I looks good, but for me it's impossible to control. One of those games that made motion controls look really really bad.

djc

Postby djc » June 30th, 2022, 12:13 am

Supreme Warrior (Sega 32X CD) - tried it once when I first bought it, turned it off after about a minute and never played it again. Just absolute garbage.

icepeople

Postby icepeople » June 30th, 2022, 2:31 am

Joust.

Learned the kill-the-pterodactyl trick and got to the point in college (circa 1988) where I spent six hours on one quarter running up points and extra men. It took perhaps another hour to kill the men off as quickly as I could just to get the damned game over with. Haven't touched a coin-op or home version since.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » June 30th, 2022, 6:10 am

I *WOULD* say Heavy Nova, though I do go back and play that one once every few years to remind myself how horrid games can be when done wrong.

This is actually a challenging question to answer, as even the worst games that I have played I may go back to at some point, either to retry them or out of curiosity.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » June 30th, 2022, 6:11 am

matmico399 wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:
matmico399 wrote:Taz-Genesis. I hated that game when I first played it, I hated that I actually bought it, I hated that I got lil money for it on resale. This one still sits in my crawl as a game I never wish to play again. Hell I'd rather play Bubsy then that.

Funny story about this. My friend Eric and I were pretty gung ho about this game until we played it, and yeah, it was not so good.

So our first instinct was to run over Video Game Traders to see if we could recoup some of our hard-earned cash.

We got there and were mortified to see a long row of Taz games behind the counter. There must have been at least 25. We didn't think they'd even be willing to take ours.

Sure enough, they gave us like $30 each or something crazy like that. It was hard to maintain our "poker" faces. We took off from that place like a pair of bandits!
LOL

LOL!!!

DialSforSam

Postby DialSforSam » June 30th, 2022, 9:53 pm

This might be controversial, but I don't have much interest in playing Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker again. The whole sailing around the world looking for Triforce pieces in the ocean kinda put a damper on things.

Return to “Video Games General”