Game you NEVER want to play again

General and high profile video game topics.
MSR1701

Re: Game you NEVER want to play again

Postby MSR1701 » July 1st, 2022, 6:02 am

DialSforSam wrote:This might be controversial, but I don't have much interest in playing Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker again. The whole sailing around the world looking for Triforce pieces in the ocean kinda put a damper on things.

In that context, I have similar thoughts with Zelda Link Between Worlds, as my first playthru saw natural Rupee income that allowed me to buy the upgrades (future attempts saw forced grinding to buy the items). Also, Mai Mai hunting...

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » July 2nd, 2022, 9:34 am

Thr PS2 remake of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. It's sad, because they obviously put effort into making it. They even got the original cast to come in and voice the cutscenes. But the combination of card battles and real time combat was so terrible that it sucked the joy right out of the rest of the game.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » July 2nd, 2022, 9:47 am

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Thr PS2 remake of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. It's sad, because they obviously put effort into making it. They even got the original cast to come in and voice the cutscenes. But the combination of card battles and real time combat was so terrible that it sucked the joy right out of the rest of the game.

Have to say, I was surprised that later remakes of KH Chain of Memories kept the card battle engine... Chain of Memories is my favorite KH game (which is NOT saying much, as A) it's the only one I've played, and B) it's the only one I can play until SquareEnix puts the Switch versions on a physical release), though the Cart system was one that quickly ran out it's welcome. For a blind run it's OK, but when you try to replay, it gets VERY tedious

Tron

Postby Tron » July 2nd, 2022, 5:50 pm

All the Grand Theft Auto games. Loved them when they first came out, but now they all look awful. Pretty much anything you could do in 3, Vice City or San Andreas you can do in the newest game; which is far from being “new”. Only thing I miss is being able to make my player obese in San Andreas. That was funny AF.

strat

Postby strat » July 2nd, 2022, 8:35 pm

DialSforSam wrote:This might be controversial, but I don't have much interest in playing Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker again. The whole sailing around the world looking for Triforce pieces in the ocean kinda put a damper on things.

Wind Waker HD on Wii U simplified that task - there's only 3 Triforce pieces you have to salvage on the boat. Now, where you'd find a Triforce chart, you just get the Triforce piece instead.

For a similar reason, I dread replaying the Metroid Prime games because of the pointless easter egg hunt in all 3 endgames. Hope MP4 doesn't do that.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » July 3rd, 2022, 2:59 pm

Star Fox 64. I know peeps love this game but I couldn’t finish it fast enough so I could say “There. Done. And I’m done with this game.”

GeoX

Postby GeoX » July 4th, 2022, 6:15 am

icepeople wrote:Joust.

Learned the kill-the-pterodactyl trick and got to the point in college (circa 1988) where I spent six hours on one quarter running up points and extra men. It took perhaps another hour to kill the men off as quickly as I could just to get the damned game over with. Haven't touched a coin-op or home version since.

I never heard of that trick, is there a youtube on it?

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » July 4th, 2022, 8:14 am

GeoX wrote:

Learned the kill-the-pterodactyl trick and got to the point in college (circa 1988) where I spent six hours on one quarter running up points and extra men. It took perhaps another hour to kill the men off as quickly as I could just to get the damned game over with. Haven't touched a coin-op or home version since.

Not sure if this is what icepeople is referring to, but I remember reading about this trick on arcade Joust in a 1983 video game mag (not sure which one).

https://youtu.be/f59vGc5X5DE

GeoX

Postby GeoX » July 6th, 2022, 3:54 am

Gleebergloben123 wrote:
GeoX wrote:

Not sure if this is what icepeople is referring to, but I remember reading about this trick on arcade Joust in a 1983 video game mag (not sure which one).

https://youtu.be/f59vGc5X5DE

Thanks Gleebergloben123!

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » July 6th, 2022, 7:07 am

This one is a ‘be careful what you wish for’ game. Food Fight arcade, 1983. Played this a ton as a kid in the arcades and it was my holy grail to play it over the years. Then my son told me it was available for the X-Box (I think 360). We played it to death and had a great time. But then the magic was gone from the game. Pinball PA in Hopewell, PA has Food Fight arcade, but I never play it when visiting fam. The thrill has vanished.

Return to “Video Games General”