What version of Tetris did you play the most?

General and high profile video game topics.
CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » August 5th, 2022, 2:04 am

For many it's probably the original Game Boy-version, the Nintendo DS-version, the original PC-version or the built-in version of Windows 3.1....

In my case it's Tetris Max (on Apple MacIntosh; it was also released for Windows under the title Bricklayer). I really like the style and music in that edition.

Since there are so many versions of Tetris, what version did you play the most and/or is your favorite version?

lynchie137

Re: What version of Tetris did you play the most?

Postby lynchie137 » August 5th, 2022, 3:27 am

I played a ton of the Gameboy port when I was a kid. Even though I owned neither of them. I'd just play them at my friend's house when I'd drop by his place for a visit. Such a great port. But the ones I've played the most would have to be the port that Nintendo released for the NES and the unlicensed port that Tengen also did for the NES. And of those two, I'd have to say I've played the Tengen version the most. It dosen't look or sound as good as Nintendo's port, but there's just something about it that makes me favor it more over the former. It's probably the little cut scenes that come up after you pass a level. It don't sound like much, but oftentimes it's the little things like that that make all the difference..

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » August 6th, 2022, 5:55 pm

The version I had on my TI-85 and later my PDA during class. We would pass it around to see who could get the high score, especially during college. In retrospect, I probably should have paid more attention in those engineering classes.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 6th, 2022, 6:18 pm

Back in the Tetris heyday (late 80's?) I used to play Tetris on my Atari ST computer. I think it was a pretty solid version.

Just looked it up on Youtube. That music is kind of shrill!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvMfM_pVec

Shapur

Postby Shapur » August 6th, 2022, 6:41 pm

As an old timer I’m genuinely curious as to which IBM/DOS version I did play.

DOS screenshots I’m looking at don’t look like the backgrounds I remember. It was definitely pre-Windows the version I grew up on. I did have a Tandy but feel pretty certain it was on an IBM PC my dad got from work.

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » August 6th, 2022, 8:45 pm

NES version all the way for me. I absolutely love the music in that one.

Return to “Video Games General”