DS/3DS game recommendations?

General and high profile video game topics.
DaHeckIzDat

DS/3DS game recommendations?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 18th, 2022, 10:34 pm

I decided to do something nice for myself and buy a used 3DS XL today. Mainly I wanted it so I could try out some of the Fire Emblem series, and Fire Emblem: Awakening was the first game I grabbed for it. I also got Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Civilization Revolution.

What other 3DS or DS games should I try out? If it's a game I have to download, tell me soon since the 3DS eshop is shutting down in a couple months.

ActRaiser

Re: DS/3DS game recommendations?

Postby ActRaiser » September 19th, 2022, 10:58 am

Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds

I'd leave work a few minutes early to get over to daycare to do pickup and sit in the parking lot to play for a bit before picking her up.

It's that good.

Highly recommend it.

SpiceWare

Postby SpiceWare » September 19th, 2022, 6:37 pm

I liked Crush 3D. It's a platform based puzzle game that you switch back and forth between 3D and 2D to solve.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » September 21st, 2022, 4:34 am

You gotta get Mario Kart DS, Contra 4, and WarioWare: Touched.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » September 21st, 2022, 5:44 am

A game that's really cheap and underrated is Sushi Striker The Way of Sushido, a very addictive puzzle game and the 3DS version plays better than the Switch version (since it was originally designed for the 3DS). I also think Shovel Knight plays best on 3DS thanks to the dual screen. If you're into classic 2D platform games, I can also recommend Giana Sisters DS (original DS). Another really sweet and enjoyable puzzle-platformer is Hey! Pikmin, that I feel was also very underrated. If you are looking for some more hardcore platform action, check out Shinobi 3D.

For the Zelda games: get Link Between Worlds (3DS) en Phantom Hourglass (DS), both which are pretty good. Skip Spirit Tracks (DS), I didn't find that very enjoyable.

For downloads-only, it is probably your last chance to download WarioWare Snapped! (DSiware). It isn't particular great (and it is very short), but it's kind of an interesting tech demo.

Return to “Video Games General”