Console Reviews

General and high profile video game topics.
Dave1

Console Reviews

Postby Dave1 » April 8th, 2007, 9:19 pm

Video Game Critic,

What happened to your portable console system reviews?  I could've sworn that I saw your DS and PSP reviews a while back but I noticed that they aren't there anymore.  I really enjoy reading your console reviews and was just wondering where they went (if you had them posted at any point in time).  And, even though it's early in each system's life, are you going to review the XBOX 360 and PS3 soon (and the Wii once it's readily available)?

a1

Console Reviews

Postby a1 » April 9th, 2007, 2:55 am

I don't believe he reviewed the PSP or DS.

Blah

Console Reviews

Postby Blah » April 9th, 2007, 2:01 pm

I think the reason why he hasn't reviewed them yet is because they just came out. I mean, you can't grade them on collectability or quality of games with so few a number of games already out! He's probably gonna wait a few years until the next-gen comes out, then he'll review this gen. That's what I'd do, anyway.

Alienblue

Console Reviews

Postby Alienblue » April 10th, 2007, 1:21 am

Blah...first of all, great name , Blah.

Anyway the critic said he was going to get around to them sometime awhile back. Also, While the DS and PSP are arguably "new" (though both have been around a while by Electronic game standards), he can certainly review the GBA, LYNX, and the NEO handheld, they've been out for YEARS! I imagine it's TIME and PRIORITY here.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Console Reviews

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 12th, 2007, 7:06 pm

I think other people have answered this sufficiently for me.  It's really too early to judge the latest consoles.  I have long wanted to review the older handhelds, but I just haven't had the time. Hopefully I'll get around to it soon.

Funkmaster V

Console Reviews

Postby Funkmaster V » April 13th, 2007, 9:43 am

I would ask that you get good Lynx games first before you review it please

FUNK

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Console Reviews

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 13th, 2007, 6:29 pm

[QUOTE=Funkmaster V]I would ask that you get good Lynx games first before you review it please

FUNK
[/QUOTE]

And while you're at it, make sure you don't tell me what they are!

BigOldCar

Console Reviews

Postby BigOldCar » April 14th, 2007, 11:36 pm

As I recall, the Lynx was a great, great system.  Many of the games were arcade ports that seemed spot-on.  APB and RoadBlasters looked and sounded great... at least, for the half-hour or so that I was able to use a Lynx.  My buddy Jeff had one.  (Came with California Games as I recall.)  I had the original Game Boy.

Needless to say, I was way jealous.

On the other hand, my Game Boy got a lot more use.  It was roughly the size of a paperback, but was just small enough to tote around to school and outside and stuff.  Battery life was great.  The Lynx was larger and heavier and just so much nicer that you didn't want to take it from your bedroom.  (I get this feeling from the PSP when I see one.  My son's GBA-SP goes everywhere, while the PSP seems too nice to risk taking with you.)

I never did get a Lynx, or the thing I really wanted, a Sega Nomad.  Lo these many years later, I do own a Game Gear (I loooooove thrift stores!).  Anyone remember the Turbo Express?  No?  No surprise, I suppose, since the Turbo Grafx 16 was such a poor seller.

Return to “Video Games General”