My Dream Streets of Rage 4

General and high profile video game topics.
JustLikeHeaven1

My Dream Streets of Rage 4

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » April 21st, 2007, 12:53 pm

I think Sega should take Streets of Rage and utilize Xbox Live, Playstation Network or the Virtual Console.  If they made SoR4 in 2D glory as a downloadable game for $15-$20 it would be great.  If the game sold well enough they could make it available in stores too. 

I don't know why companies wouldn't try this with an old franchise.  What do they have to lose?  Its such a small risk and the reward could be great.  Instead they will probably thrust the game into a crappy generic 3D engine and it will bomb...and we will never see another game from that franchise again.  Can you imagine the hype that a game like SoR4 would get if it was in 2D and released on Live?  Gamespot, IGN etc...would bust a proverbial nut all over it.

If Live, VC and Playstation Network have shown companies anything, its that 2D games are still loved and purchased at a rapid rate.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Calling all Cars for the PS3 network sells like crazy, because I want to see more companies back these networks with orginal content.

BanjoPickles

Re: My Dream Streets of Rage 4

Postby BanjoPickles » April 26th, 2019, 10:59 am

I've decided to resurrect a few very old threads for games that ended up happening. It's a trip, seeing people write that "a new 2D SOR will never happen." Ha!

Return to “Video Games General”