Bring back the REAL E3!!!

General and high profile video game topics.
BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » July 13th, 2007, 1:41 pm

After following coverage of E3, I figured out that this is just one big joke!! I mean, look at Nintendo's conference!! Wow, they showed a trailer and a steering wheel for Mario Kart Wii, announced Wii Fit, and then gave out the release date for a few titls....as far as Wii news, that's IT! To me, that's just so weak! This, my friends, is what we've waited a friggin' year for?? I was hoping for that HOLY FRIGGIN' CRAP announcement like a new Punch Out, Kid Icarus, or some new info on Disaster, Sadness, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, etc. To me, none of the three companies had a very exciting E3 and I'm blaming it on the complete downsizing of the event. To be honest, I think that if they can't do it right then they shouldn't even bother!

Steerforth

Postby Steerforth » July 13th, 2007, 2:49 pm

They think their "holy crap" moment is Wii Fit. I don't know, you can't compare to last year when you have MS in their 2nd year having to face 2 new systems, thats hard to top, I realizethe show was WAY scaled down in the first place. But I stil got new info on most of the games I cared about, so I'm happy. Worth it for tha Galaxy Video alone!

Wish we would have seen Wii Music and didn't seem like Battalion Wars got any coverage. Those are my pets.

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » July 13th, 2007, 3:26 pm

Yeah, I agree about Wii Music. I was bummed that there wasn't any new info on that, which means it is probably going to be a 2nd quarter 2008 game at best in the States.

-Rob

Steerforth

Postby Steerforth » July 13th, 2007, 8:41 pm

How do you suppose you will "advance" in Wii Music Rob?

Probably dumb to even speculate since we know bare minimum on this game, but I was thinking, maybe you start out with a string quartet, and if you do well, earn  some cash, hire yourself some percussion, later some horns, etc, etc.

Also it would be neat if you started out in a ratty gymnasium and as your skills improved you'd find yourself at a bandshell, than a music hall.

Of course probably some unlockable music, earn rare tunes if you are a master!

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » July 14th, 2007, 12:37 am

I would love it if it did advance that way. But I'm thinking you'll probably get the whole orchestra from the start, and you play for grades and other songs. Either way, it should be alot of fun.

-Rob

BanjoPickles

Re: Bring back the REAL E3!!!

Postby BanjoPickles » April 26th, 2019, 11:05 am

2007 Josh: "Bring back the old E3."

2019 Josh: "Oh, you haven't seen anything yet! You think it's bad now? Ha!"

David

Postby David » April 26th, 2019, 3:10 pm

I saw the title and just assumed you were talking about this year. :( I’m really disappointed that Sony isn’t having a conference. I get that it’s a weird year for them trying to push out the last of their PS4 games before the PS5, but it still sucks.

nesfan

Postby nesfan » April 29th, 2019, 6:25 pm

It's funny reading old posts where people were excited about getting new info on Wii Music of all things.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 29th, 2019, 8:23 pm

Can't wait for Wii Music II!

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 29th, 2019, 8:51 pm

That would certainly be a HOLY FRIGGIN' CRAP announcement.

Return to “Video Games General”