So...these older games

General and high profile video game topics.
Anonymous Prime

So...these older games

Postby Anonymous Prime » September 6th, 2007, 4:23 pm

oh, IM REALLY GOOD at gameboy tetris, i wouldnt say a champ, but im the best among my friends....i dont play any other puzzle game but tetris.....so wonderful a game it is....

BigOldCar

So...these older games

Postby BigOldCar » September 6th, 2007, 8:01 pm

Oops... one of my links in the above post didn't work.  This one's far better!

Wallyworld1

So...these older games

Postby Wallyworld1 » September 7th, 2007, 12:52 am

Ok it was almost 20 years ago when I beat Tetris on the Original Gameboy.

It was definatly mode B that I beat as I stated.  Maybe it wasn't 99 levels but it damn sure felt like it.  At the end of mode B blocks are moving so fast you have to have twitch reflexes to make em fall right.  After I beat it I saw a Huge rocket that took up almost the entire screen fly up with mario head sticking out of the window.  And then it said congratulations. 

Anybody out there ever play mode B before?? if so tell me how you did.

Wallyworld1

So...these older games

Postby Wallyworld1 » September 7th, 2007, 1:22 am

Ok when I said level I was referring to Lines cleared.   Level is the speed at which your blocks fall.  Lines cleared is how many lines of blocks you clear.  lev 20 is the fastest your blocks can fall on GB tetris.   Your wiki ariticle about tetris must only apply to the NES version.  Cuz at lev 20 (which is the max speed) you can certainly keep the game going.  Here is a link to a dude who made max possible score in game mode A.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=keeSEJG4XzU

he cleared over 600 lines!!!!!  and btw don't always believe everything you read on wiki cuz its got plenty of mistakes.

Wallyworld1

So...these older games

Postby Wallyworld1 » September 7th, 2007, 2:15 am

if that ending with the little dancing dudes and rocket flying up is the same ending I saw 20 years ago then my memory has officially gone to crap.  Dont look as impressive today and where is mario???

lol

BigOldCar

So...these older games

Postby BigOldCar » September 7th, 2007, 8:57 am

The link in the above 4:01pm post shows the end sequence when you beat B-type.

Wallyworld1

So...these older games

Postby Wallyworld1 » September 7th, 2007, 10:12 am

That link didn't work for me.  So I went to youtube and found it myself.  It wasn't nearly as cool as I remember it from 20 years ago.

Atarifever1

So...these older games

Postby Atarifever1 » September 7th, 2007, 2:18 pm

[QUOTE=Wallyworld]

That link didn't work for me.  So I went to youtube and found it myself.  It wasn't nearly as cool as I remember it from 20 years ago.

[/QUOTE]

I think you're possibly mixing it up with another ending.  Did you play a lot of Qix?  Because Mario is in all the Qix endings, and if you got the rocket in Tetris, and a Mario in Qix, your mind might be combining them now.

Anonymous Prime

So...these older games

Postby Anonymous Prime » September 7th, 2007, 5:03 pm

oh man i got those endings...im a tetris MONSTER man OMNOMNOMNOMNOM gimme my blocks XD  I love it so much...............o

BigOldCar

So...these older games

Postby BigOldCar » September 7th, 2007, 5:59 pm

[QUOTE=Wallyworld]Your wiki ariticle about tetris must only apply to the NES version.  Cuz at lev 20 (which is the max speed) you can certainly keep the game going.  Here is a link to a dude who made max possible score in game mode A.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=keeSEJG4XzU

he cleared over 600 lines!!!!!  and btw don't always believe everything you read on wiki cuz its got plenty of mistakes.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't need Wikipedia to tell me that level 99 in GB Tetris never happened because I've been playing it since it was released.  Lo these many years later, I still play it several times per week.  In an earlier thread, I named it as the greatest game ever because of how much I like it.  HOWEVER, as this is a forum where nothing more than two screen names are playing he-said / she-said, I found it useful to refer to an outside source.

I would advise you not to believe everything you see on YouTube, because much of it--like this video to which you've linked--is faked.  Watch the score as it jumps.  This video is bogus.

Return to “Video Games General”