Other review sites

General and high profile video game topics.
Zenzerotron

Other review sites

Postby Zenzerotron » October 15th, 2005, 1:27 am

I just don't see now ANY system with a LIMITED library of MOSTLY crappy games can be called "the best of all time" much less even............decent.

That guy who does that site just bothers me; he intentionally isolates himself from anything non-Atari. He wants to live his whole gaming life in 1979 playing Breakout untill he dies. He's the "bubble boy" of video games.

It makes you respect sites like this one. There's a universal love of ALL gaming, any console, any company, any time period.

sega saturn x

Other review sites

Postby sega saturn x » October 16th, 2005, 7:41 pm

That whole hot dog thing was spurred by an atari ager who thought the jaguar sucked compared to the snes.  Which is of course sacrilege and he got oodles of hate mail.  Jaguar fans are a special group of fans and by special i mean horrible.  They fail to take in to acount just because the system has more power than the snes or genesis doesn't mean it's a good system.  Having 4 or 5 good to decent games doesn't make it a great console guys.

Paul Campbell

Other review sites

Postby Paul Campbell » October 18th, 2005, 1:45 am

Hey!  I resemble those comments!  I like the Jaguar a great deal, but not because of some extensive library.

1. It's got a few great games that I can't get anywwhere else.
2. It's got a few real dogs that I can laugh at
3. My wife loves the opening music on Zool 2

But best of all, hardly anybody has ever seen one before, so it is HANDS DOWN THE BEST SYSTEM to be in the middle of a game on when company comes over.  I kid you not.  When friends are coming over to watch football on Saturday, make sure you are in the middle of a game of Tempest 2000 or Super Burnout when they walk through the door, and I guarantee you'll get more of a reaction than if you were playing any current system.

Ibuki

Other review sites

Postby Ibuki » October 18th, 2005, 2:25 pm

I like IGN Dreamcast reviews. Maybe I'm just a DC fanboy, but those are the only IGN reviews I almost always agree with.

Sega-16.com is a nice Genesis fan site, but I find some of their scores too inflated for even a Genesis fan like myself. Wonder why I can't find an SNES review site that big. (Almost) Every system deserves a huge shrine.

sega saturn x

Other review sites

Postby sega saturn x » October 18th, 2005, 3:50 pm

[QUOTE] and I guarantee you'll get more of a reaction than if you were playing any current system.
[/QUOTE]

Or they might not care either way.

wur1

Other review sites

Postby wur1 » October 22nd, 2005, 3:19 am

Al Menconi Ministries Video Game Reviews:

http://www.almenconi.com/topics/games/

(reviews from a fundamentalist conservative Christian perspective)

Maoist Internationalist Movement's Maoist Video Game Reviews

http://www.etext.org/Politics/MIM/bookstore/vgames/index.html

(Video game reviews from a revolutionary international communist perspective.  I already posted this in another forum, so sorry if it's passe to some of you now.)

Tremo366

Other review sites

Postby Tremo366 » November 6th, 2005, 11:05 am

[QUOTE=Zen444]The only ones I ever trusted, was this site and gamespot.[/QUOTE]

I second that

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Other review sites

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 6th, 2005, 11:38 am

I was just looking at the Menconi Ministries game reviews, where the games are judged almost completely on their moral values.  For example, Gran Turismo 3 gets an A, and Grand Theft Auto 3 gets an F.  It's sort of like grading a game based on its ESRB Rating!  What's the point?

I prefer to be morally ambiguous when grading a game.  After all, it's a game - not real life.  Pulp Fiction is my favorite movie. I'd give it an A+, but that doesn't mean I advocate the types of activities you see in the movie (drugs, murder, profanity).

It's all about being objective, and I think that's the most important quality a reviewer should have.  I think many other reviews site lack that.

Return to “Video Games General”