Gamecube recommendation for you, Dave...

General and high profile video game topics.
Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » November 1st, 2005, 1:39 am

Zen isn't too bright when it comes to politics. You'll have to explain what "tent" means in a political sense.

John Rowland

Postby John Rowland » November 1st, 2005, 6:45 pm

A political party might claim that they have a large tent (or other enclosing device), which simply means that they feel that they speak for/represent the interests of/welcome a great and diverse portion of the population (e.g. gays, minorities, the wealthy, the poor, etc.).  At least that's how I've heard the phrase used. 

Sheesh, all that effort just to convince you that I'm not gay/interested in you?!  Wow!

Oh, btw, are you ever going to be in the Portland (OR) area Zen?  If you are, give me a ring.  I'll show you the time of your life!!    

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » November 2nd, 2005, 1:39 am

I definitely like Zen normally, he just sometimes rubs me the wrong way.  But heck, my best friends do that.

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » November 2nd, 2005, 3:22 pm

We got big tents and rubbing in the wrong way.........it's time Zen runs Far away from this post

Yeno

Postby Yeno » November 7th, 2005, 7:11 pm

[QUOTE=Paul Campbell][QUOTE=Atarifever][QUOTE=Zenzerotron]
Also, Animal Crossing, Mario DS, Nintendogs,  Trace Memory, Pokemon Dash, and a bunch of other games that could be said to be directed at children are available for the DS, but you haven't labled it too "kiddie" to play.  

[/QUOTE]

Good point, Atari.  I don't think Zen would have much of an argument with that point.  Couldn't have said it better.  It's annoying to have to constantly hear Zen pepper every post with little attacks on the gamecube.  Maybe that'll quiet him down about it.
[/QUOTE]

A-men!

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » November 11th, 2005, 4:09 pm

You're in Portland, John?  I'm in Springfield.  I think I can see your house from here!

John Rowland

Postby John Rowland » November 11th, 2005, 9:33 pm

Yeah Paul!  I actually mentioned that we live close once before but you must have missed it.  And just a few months ago I was living in Springfield and going to school at U of O!  I was at Jenna Village, on Aster St., which is about 48th & Main.  How about you?

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » November 13th, 2005, 2:38 am

I was just in Portland today for a wedding.  My wife and I just bought our first house down Main Street, kindof in the armpit of Springfield.  But things are getting better out here and so supposedly houses here are supposed to build equity faster, so we got one.  Nice to know somebody on this forum is in my neck of the woods.

Return to “Video Games General”