Xbox 360 Reviews??

General and high profile video game topics.
JustLikeHeaven1

Xbox 360 Reviews??

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » December 6th, 2005, 1:09 pm

[QUOTE=John Rowland]

Hmm, I'm not sure.  I've picked up some good shooters for it lately: Raiden Project, Strikers 1945, In the Hunt, Einhander.  A classic puzzle game: Lemmings & Oh no! More Lemmings.  And a bit of a "buried treasure": Herc's Adventures (multiplayer action-RPG (heavy on the action, very light on the RPG)).  Not limiting myself to recent purchases I'd recommend, for you, MDK (and especially the sequel for PS2) and Alundra. 

[/QUOTE]

Seriously this is getting scary...Almost every game you mentioned is on my "must have list."  With the exception of the Lemmings I've been looking for all of these.  I have Einhander, I didn't know they made In the Hunt for PS1 is it any good?  I been wanting Herc's Adventure for a while too.  I've played MDK 2 for dreamcast and thought it was a solid game, but I've been wanting the first one.  Also Wild 9 by Shiny is another game PS1 game I wanted.  As for Alundra...I had a great one slip through my hands on ebay. 

Well I'm gonna go look for Heart of Darkness, In the Hunt and Herc's Adventure.  Thanks for the tips.

Crevalle

Xbox 360 Reviews??

Postby Crevalle » December 8th, 2005, 12:51 am

[QUOTE=Chicken Warrior]I certainly get bored of playing any game for more than a few hours, unless I really love it, in which case it's usually a racing game or something where replaying the same levels is still good fun. However, when you're paying 4 times for a game what you are for a movie, they should at least be 3 or four times longer. I would love if games were cheaper and shorter. As they are, I don't really think they should be any shoter than they are.[/QUOTE]

I don't really care if a game can be finished in 10 hours, or 20, but I like to be able to extend it if I choose.  In other words, I would like to see developers create larger worlds (ala GTA) where you can explore if you like, or you can just complete the game.  This just adds realism and excitement IMHO.  I have no idea why developers don't do this more often.  It looks like the new Zelda game will be large/expansive, and I look forward to it.  Linear is getting old.

John Rowland

Xbox 360 Reviews??

Postby John Rowland » December 8th, 2005, 1:31 am

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]Seriously this is getting scary...Almost every game you mentioned is on my "must have list."  With the exception of the Lemmings I've been looking for all of these.  I have Einhander, I didn't know they made In the Hunt for PS1 is it any good?  I been wanting Herc's Adventure for a while too.  I've played MDK 2 for dreamcast and thought it was a solid game, but I've been wanting the first one.  Also Wild 9 by Shiny is another game PS1 game I wanted.  As for Alundra...I had a great one slip through my hands on ebay. 

Well I'm gonna go look for Heart of Darkness, In the Hunt and Herc's Adventure.  Thanks for the tips.[/QUOTE]

That is a little scary.  I'll be really freaked out if you tell me that you just got Tail of the Sun and Skullmonkeys (PS1) in the mail today.

In the Hunt is exactly like I remember the arcade game.  If you liked it in the arcade, you'll be happy with the PS1 version. 

Hmm, I wonder if we have ever bid against each other?  I wouldn't be surprised.   

JustLikeHeaven1

Xbox 360 Reviews??

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » December 8th, 2005, 2:55 pm

Well I don't have Tails of the Sun....but I recently picked up skullmonkeys no less than a month ago.  That game is hilarious and actually a pretty solid platformer. 

I picked up In the Hunt yesterday. Only $9.99 on ebay for a complete longbox copy! I have no idea if thats good or not.  I need a good shooter and I hope this fills the void. 

John Rowland

Xbox 360 Reviews??

Postby John Rowland » December 8th, 2005, 9:53 pm

I'd be really surprised if anyone here has Tail of the Sun.  It's a very obscure and ridiculous game that my friend and I got a lot of laughs out of back in the day.  Some call it a "caveman-sim".  You can actually fall asleep while walking in this game!  Here's a pretty good review:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/strategy/tailofthesun/review.html

For some reason, I actually felt compelled to figure the game out and progress in it.  My friend was very confused by this, and I don't blame him.  Don't buy it unless you're in the market for something really weird and not that playable.   

$9.99 is a great price for In the Hunt.  I looked for almost a month and ended up paying over $20 (complete and mint though).  I hope you like it!!

JustLikeHeaven1

Xbox 360 Reviews??

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » December 8th, 2005, 11:19 pm

[QUOTE=John Rowland]

I'd be really surprised if anyone here has Tail of the Sun.  It's a very obscure and ridiculous game that my friend and I got a lot of laughs out of back in the day.  Some call it a "caveman-sim".  You can actually fall asleep while walking in this game!  Here's a pretty good review:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/strategy/tailofthesun/review.html

For some reason, I actually felt compelled to figure the game out and progress in it.  My friend was very confused by this, and I don't blame him.  Don't buy it unless you're in the market for something really weird and not that playable.   

$9.99 is a great price for In the Hunt.  I looked for almost a month and ended up paying over $20 (complete and mint though).  I hope you like it!!

[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not I've actually played Tail of the Sun.  I think gamepro gave it a good review (go figure) so I rented it...Well the game had no instructions and you had to build a tower out of tusks or something and needless to say I stopped playing very quickly.  I can't wait for In the Hunt.  I hope it doesn't have the slowdown on the PS1 that the critic talks about in his Saturn review.

idrive

Xbox 360 Reviews??

Postby idrive » December 24th, 2005, 10:48 am

Has anyone played Marble Blast Ultra,on xbox arcarde and is it any good?

Return to “Video Games General”