Majora's Mask

General and high profile video game topics.
Funkmaster V

Majora's Mask

Postby Funkmaster V » November 28th, 2005, 10:15 am

Hey Critic, Just wondering if you ever played Majora's Mask. You seemed like a big Zelda nut, so I wanted to get your input on the game. I just picked up the Zelda Collector's Disc for the 'Cube at a Flea Market for 10 bucks. I never played the Zelda games as a kid, so it is pretty fun trying to beat the older ones now. However, Majora's Mask kind of bothers me a bit. I spent a year kicking ass with Link in the Ocrana of Time, so to have that idiot Skull Kid make him like a fool in the beginning kinda bugs me. I was like, "Cut that loser in half!" But Link stood there like a goof. Anyway, just curious about your thoughts on the game. Cousin Vinnie

Sketch Turner

Majora's Mask

Postby Sketch Turner » November 29th, 2005, 7:01 pm

Some don't like Majora's Mask because it has a non-typical Zeld setting. I hated the game's method of saving, because I lost some crucial saves. In fact, I wish Zeldas would start using a more convenient save method.

But actually, I love Majora's Mask. I found it to have the eeiriest atmosphere of all the Zeldas. And I think its story and premise were a breath of fresh air. I think it's better than Ocarina of Time, and just an amazing game.

I was kinda disappointed with Wind Waker. I'm extremely impatient, and the sailing sequences made me wish I could just gallop across with Epona. Twilight Princess looks great so far, I just hope it doesn't try to stretch out the game the way Wind Waker did. Zelda isn't about that.

Johnson73

Majora's Mask

Postby Johnson73 » November 29th, 2005, 9:48 pm

[QUOTE=Sketch Turner]

But actually, I love Majora's Mask. I found it to have the eeiriest atmosphere of all the Zeldas. And I think its story and premise were a breath of fresh air. I think it's better than Ocarina of Time, and just an amazing game.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, except for the part about it being better than Ocarina of Time.  I think many people hate it because it is so different from the other Zelda games.  Some of these changes, such as the time limit, are annoying in some ways, but in other ways benefit the game overall.  I've found that people who actually give the game a chance almost always end up loving it.

Paul Campbell

Majora's Mask

Postby Paul Campbell » December 2nd, 2005, 5:36 pm

I LOVED the sailing in Wind Waker.  Made the game seem more real, having to really travel to get to different places.

Return to “Video Games General”