Kirbys Canvas Curse DS

General and high profile video game topics.
Alienblue

Kirbys Canvas Curse DS

Postby Alienblue » December 2nd, 2005, 12:18 am

Critic...Zenzerotron was nice enough to get me this wonderful DS game for Xmas, and I HAD to reccomend it to you! If you thought YOSHI TOUCH N GO was good, you ain't seen nothin' yet! Kirby takes the YTNG theme and runs wild with it! You can even draw "loops" like in sonic the hegehog to pick up speed!

GET THIS GAME!

Zenzerotron

Kirbys Canvas Curse DS

Postby Zenzerotron » December 3rd, 2005, 3:15 pm

I've pestered and pestered and pestered Dave to get this game. Pestering never does me any good unless it's pestering John Rowland, so I'll just type pester a few more times in vein......pester pester pester pester

sega saturn x

Kirbys Canvas Curse DS

Postby sega saturn x » December 6th, 2005, 11:59 pm

Dave doesn't seem to be to kirby crazy.  Maybe if he played the good kirby games he would like it more.

Alienblue

Kirbys Canvas Curse DS

Postby Alienblue » December 7th, 2005, 5:54 am

AGREED! Critic? I HATED Kirby, too! I sold the first GBA Kirby game as fast as I could, it was watered down SMB and nothing more! But CANVAS CURSE is a cool game that just happens to star Kirby...sorta like TETRIS ATTACK has pictures of YOSHI and freinds, but has nothing to do with YOSHI....

sega saturn x

Kirbys Canvas Curse DS

Postby sega saturn x » December 7th, 2005, 1:42 pm

Kirby plays ntohing like mario, sorry but it doesn't.  I'm tired of so many people ragging on a perfectly fine franchise.

Alienblue

Kirbys Canvas Curse DS

Postby Alienblue » December 12th, 2005, 2:07 pm

SSX....I'll let you call me on this one, you are correct, kirby doesn't play like mario, anymore than other platform games do. It DOES have it's own unique style, what with kirby actually becoming the weapons...

But we all have our tastes in certain genres, and I prefer games that DO play like mario as opposed to KIRBY. To me, the series just lacked character. His NES games were good, his SNES games were, well...better than average still, but on handhelds I think the games have REALLY gone from average to bad. Just my opinion. Maybe I just didn't "get" kirby, but as I said, CANVAS CURSE is different, as its not ANYTHING like the other kirbys. In truth, they could have used characters from SONIC or KLONOA and it would not have mattered, it would still be a great game.

sega saturn x

Kirbys Canvas Curse DS

Postby sega saturn x » December 12th, 2005, 10:32 pm

Ive always been in to the franchise, I dig bright and cheery and kirby has that set to overdrive.  To each their own right?

Alienblue

Kirbys Canvas Curse DS

Postby Alienblue » December 13th, 2005, 7:33 am

True, to each their own. But I like the bright n' cheery graphics of MARIO BROS. and YOSHI's ISLAND (I HATE bloody FPS's and fighting games)... kirby goes a bit overboard for me I guess. What is he, anyway, disembodied cotton candy? Oh well, I certainly don't HATE the character the way I do the aforementioned genres. As I said, his first games were GOOD. And if they released a new kirby on DS that everyone raved about who knows, I might give it another chance....and yes, I AM
wishy washy, Lucy!

Return to “Video Games General”