sports games and the PS2

General and high profile video game topics.
chrisbid1

sports games and the PS2

Postby chrisbid1 » December 11th, 2005, 4:41 pm

critic

i was wondering, as a multiple console owner, why do you tend to purchase/review multi platform sports games for the PS2 instead of the xbox?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

sports games and the PS2

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 11th, 2005, 9:09 pm

It's all about the controller.  The PS2's four shoulder buttons make all the difference.  Trying to reach those horrible black and white buttons on the Xbox controller is a pain.

chrisbid1

sports games and the PS2

Postby chrisbid1 » December 11th, 2005, 11:36 pm

interesting, i think the controller is a wash, as the analog sticks on the PS2 arent placed very well.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

sports games and the PS2

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 12th, 2005, 5:26 pm

Actually, I think sports are the only type of game that I prefer the PS2 version of.  For just about everything else I go with the Xbox.

sega saturn x

sports games and the PS2

Postby sega saturn x » December 12th, 2005, 10:36 pm

I generally opt for the x box, if for no other reason than most third party developers do a horrible job using the cubes controller well.  But the x box has curved buttons which I can't stand, so first person shooter I get on the x box.  Platformers I get for the cube and hack and alshes I get for the ps2.  It all works out.  Though classic compilations are hit or miss.  The x box controller sucks big time for classics, but I don't like the ps2s D pad.  Thank god for magic box, which lets me use other systems controllers.

Atarifever1

sports games and the PS2

Postby Atarifever1 » December 13th, 2005, 12:07 am

I can't stand the PS2 controller for any kind of game.  Give me  cube or xbox controller (especially the Duke) anyday.  The two side by side analog sticks and shoulder button layout feel as natural to me as an upside down 7800 controller with two faulty buttons. 

Paul Campbell

sports games and the PS2

Postby Paul Campbell » December 13th, 2005, 4:11 pm

Even if I wasn't a big Gamecube fan, I think I would still love it's controller.  The positioning and proximity of the buttons is perfect, and the analog shoulder buttons can make for some interesting playing.

Return to “Video Games General”