Most Unreliable Console?

General and high profile video game topics.
CharlieR

Re: Most Unreliable Console?

Postby CharlieR » January 2nd, 2017, 11:29 am

Rev wrote:
Alucard1191 wrote:
Retro STrife wrote:
The Wii U is backwards compatible with Wii, and the Wii is backwards compatible with the NGC. I believe this is built into the hardware for both consoles meaning they should run fine. The Wii U might actually emulate instead of it being built into the console as I've noticed that the console pulls up the old Wii channel and menus when I've used it... Not sure on this one although it seems to have full (or nearly full) backwards compatibility with Wii games.

That's one of the things I don't like about the wii U. I play a lot of wii games on it; I may have actually played more wii games on it than wii u, and I wonder why it couldn't just boot up a wii game normally like a wii u game. The system essentially restarts for wii games. I know there is a quick start menu, and you can press B on the gamepad to go to the wii menu, but still...

None of the other systrems with backwards compatibility do that as far as I know., as in a ps1 game loads on the ps3 menu, gc games load on the wii menu, etc.

Return to “Video Games General”