All the way through?

General and high profile video game topics.
Ozzybear

Re: All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear » August 31st, 2019, 2:19 pm

My buddy and I just finished Castle Crashers remastered on Xbox one

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » September 26th, 2019, 3:15 pm

Finished Torchlight 2 on ps4 , was fun to go through this game as I had never gotten to play it before !

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » September 26th, 2019, 7:07 pm

It is amazing that this thread started 10 years ago!!! Almost done with Gears 5....a rather unspectacular game and even worse story in my humble opinion.

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » September 26th, 2019, 7:24 pm

newmodelarmy wrote:It is amazing that this thread started 10 years ago!!!

Holy cow, that IS pretty amazing. I just went back and looked at the first page and saw I commented on beating Metroid Zero Mission and Silent Hill 2. That seems like a lifetime ago.

Bonus Challenge: Somebody go back and count all the games Ozzybear has beaten during the course of this thread.

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » September 26th, 2019, 7:26 pm

Oh, and the last game that I beat was Owlboy on the Switch.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » September 26th, 2019, 9:12 pm

snakeboy wrote:Oh, and the last game that I beat was Owlboy on the Switch.

Hey snake boy how was Owlboy? I have had my eye on this game for a while but haven't pulled the trigger.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » September 27th, 2019, 2:14 am

It's crazy that it's been 10 years , as this has been my main thread as I do play quite a lot of games but never actually looked back to see how long it's been !!

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » September 27th, 2019, 9:35 am

newmodelarmy wrote:It is amazing that this thread started 10 years ago!!! Almost done with Gears 5....a rather unspectacular game and even worse story in my humble opinion.

Awe, man! I miss playing the campaigns over online co-op. We'll have to go through co-op on Gears 6. I'm sure by the time it releases I can set aside Sunday evenings again for some awesome chainsawing action.

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » September 27th, 2019, 11:21 am

newmodelarmy wrote:
snakeboy wrote:Oh, and the last game that I beat was Owlboy on the Switch.

Hey snake boy how was Owlboy? I have had my eye on this game for a while but haven't pulled the trigger.

I liked it quite a bit. I would say it's a great game to play if you just got done playing a game that consumed a ton of your time. It's fairly short (you'll probably beat it in under 10 hours) and relatively easy (I found a few parts tricky but never got stuck for too long). There's not a lot of nonsense and filler.

But the flip side is that there isn't a lot to do beside push the story forward and beat the game. You collect coins to unlock items, which you'll want to do, but there's very little incentive to collect them all to unlock the final item, unless you have OCD that compels you to do it.

While playing Owlboy I couldn't help but compare it to a similar game called Iconoclasts. Iconoclasts is longer, more challenging, and had more of a focus on puzzle solving, which I personally like. On the downside there's quite a bit of dialog that at times drags on for a little too long.

Iconoclasts is also 5 bucks cheaper on the eshop (and actually on sale right now for $12). Owlboy is $25, which is a decent price for physical but probably about $10 too much for digital IMO.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » October 9th, 2019, 6:58 am

Finally finished the walking dead final season on ps4.. Great game and ending !!

Return to “Video Games General”