All the way through?

General and high profile video game topics.
Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » June 30th, 2009, 1:31 am

Just finished harry potter and the sorcerer's stone for the gamecube, i think thats enough harry potter for me for a lil while lmao, but anyway, another one down, and on to the next game!!

~OzzY~

ajsmart1

All the way through?

Postby ajsmart1 » June 30th, 2009, 10:14 am

[QUOTE=J Dubs]I recently replayed and beat Ico and Shadow of the Colossus back to back. Amazing games, definitely worth all the praise they get.
[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing not too long ago. Just great moving stories with out all the dialogue.  I'm really looking forward to Team ICO's next game.

MappyMousePD

All the way through?

Postby MappyMousePD » June 30th, 2009, 12:01 pm

I just finished the adventure mode of Plants vs Zombies.  It was more of a chore than I was expecting, but at least the unlockables are fun. 

ActRaiser1

All the way through?

Postby ActRaiser1 » July 1st, 2009, 4:05 pm

The Simpsons (360)

I absolutely despised the control on several of the episodes.  But as a whole it's actually not that bad as it's so close to the tv show that you'll be hard pressed to tell the difference in some of the cut scenes.  Well, the fact that the cut scenes actually look better on the 360 tells you the difference.  It's got all of the same lovable characters and goofy one liners you've come to enjoy over the years.  F for control; A for most effective use of the The Simpsons license; C for average grade

ajsmart1

All the way through?

Postby ajsmart1 » July 1st, 2009, 4:50 pm

[QUOTE=ActRaiser]The Simpsons (360)

I absolutely despised the control on several of the episodes.  But as a whole it's actually not that bad as it's so close to the tv show that you'll be hard pressed to tell the difference in some of the cut scenes.  Well, the fact that the cut scenes actually look better on the 360 tells you the difference.  It's got all of the same lovable characters and goofy one liners you've come to enjoy over the years.  F for control; A for most effective use of the The Simpsons license; C for average grade

[/QUOTE]
I agree with your grading, and I'll add in a D for the camera.

This was a game I bought new for $12.  I would have thought so much less of it had I paid the full price when it came out.  Considering what I paid, I could easily overlook its flaws.  I liked it well enough to finish, but not enough to find all the hidden goodies. As a Simspons fan, I thought this game was a hoot. Heck, it had way more content than the Simpsons movie for about the same money.

Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » July 8th, 2009, 7:24 am

Just finished Spyro Enter the Dragonfly for Gamecube, very cool platformer, I seen it got some bad reviews on other sites, but I thought for the most part it was a pretty decent 3-d platformer. Anyway, on to the next one! ~OzzY~

ActRaiser1

All the way through?

Postby ActRaiser1 » July 9th, 2009, 3:06 pm

[QUOTE=ajsmart]

I agree with your grading, and I'll add in a D for the camera.

This was a game I bought new for $12.  I would have thought so much less of it had I paid the full price when it came out.  Considering what I paid, I could easily overlook its flaws.  I liked it well enough to finish, but not enough to find all the hidden goodies. As a Simspons fan, I thought this game was a hoot. Heck, it had way more content than the Simpsons movie for about the same money.

[/QUOTE]

Hah, it looks like we have similar tastes.  I picked up my copy up for $10 from Best Buy.  Anything above $20 and I'd have been pissed off.  Yeah, I couldn't see myself getting all the collectibles either.  There's something like 450 of the things.  If I were a kid again and only got a couple games a year then I'd be all over it but it's certainly not that fun hunting down those collectibles.

Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » July 23rd, 2009, 6:09 pm

Its me again, just finished Serious sam - next encounter for the gamecube, as i said with darkwatch, im not a big fan of first person shooters at all, but this was definetly a blast, so im gonna definetly have to find part one and two for the xbox!! Anyway, on to the next game!!

Keep gaming peeps!!

~Ozzy~

nesfan1

All the way through?

Postby nesfan1 » July 24th, 2009, 1:03 am

This past Sunday I beat Breath of Fire (SNES), Tuesday I beat Final Fantasy III (VI) (SNES), and I am now very close to beating Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES). I've had a recent craze with SNES rpg's after I bought Breath of Fire almost three weeks ago. EASIEST RPG EVER!

andrew

All the way through?

Postby andrew » July 25th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Hey does finally finishing a race in pole position II count as finishing? In this case I finished the oval track. I believe it's four laps to win. The other three thracks I don't even bother with. it's hard enough as it is. And I'm not talking about finishing a race on the 7800. Finishing the oval on the 7800 is a joke and so boring since there's barely any cars to pass which is why I condone the D- plus I rate it more harshly since it's my favorite game ever.

No I speak of the arcade version on namco 50th for ps2. Trying no navigate through bucket loads of cars where the slightest touch will ruin a race has stopped me for completing for well over 100 races. Managed not to crash this time and passed 95 cars in the process. 61110 score and a 2:16 time is my score which I must say is impressive.

Return to “Video Games General”