Video game you regret playing the most / ET

General and high profile video game topics.
Luke

Postby Luke » November 16th, 2011, 1:47 am

Tag Team Wrestling (NES)

I found this at a garage sale for cheap and thought it would be as good or better than Pro Wrestling because the cartridge label looked cool.

After a few minutes of trying to play this game I remember looking at my buddy and saying "oh my god, where are the controls?" lol

Not only is it the worst wrestling game I've ever played, but it is without a doubt one of the worst games I've ever bought/played, period!

Michael Prymula

Postby Michael Prymula » November 16th, 2011, 2:54 am

I regret buying James Pond: Codename Robocop for the GBA, it was only a few bucks, but the game was so terrible I still felt ripped off, the graphics were barely GBC quality, the controls were garbage, the game was confusing as hell as the levels were horrifically designed and you had no clue where the hell you were going half the time, it didn't take me long to get sick of that game and toss it in the trash.

ShadowAngel1

Postby ShadowAngel1 » November 17th, 2011, 9:35 am

Final Fantasy VII - Such a waste of time
Transbot - on the Master System, it's two level that repeat over and over and over again and the game's not even challenging
Pro Wrestling - Next Master System game, has some great features for it's time, but fighting 20x times against one team and 10x against the other just isn't much fun.
Assassin's Creed - Great graphics, nice setting destroyed by the Sci-Fi crap and what a boring gameplay...repeating the same stuff over and over again
The Acclaim Simpsons games...as big fan of the Simpsons, i bought and played them all. I guess somewhere between Space Mutants, Virtual Bart and Bart's Nightmare i should have seen that they're all crap.

Fingers dripping ink

Postby Fingers dripping ink » November 18th, 2011, 7:42 pm

I honestly can't think of a game I've regretted playing. I can think of a few that stunk to holy Hell - Battletoads SNES comes to mind - but I love some "bad" games too.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » November 18th, 2011, 10:39 pm

[QUOTE=ShadowAngel]
Assassin's Creed - Great graphics, nice setting destroyed by the Sci-Fi crap and what a boring gameplay...repeating the same stuff over and over again

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. When I rented AC, I was thinking to myself that this game would be 1000X better if they cut out all of the annoying parts with Altair's ancestor in the future and just let you go through the game as Altair. And the missions did get pretty monotonous. It was a great concept for a game but it was not pulled off very well.

soporj1

Postby soporj1 » November 18th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Most of them.

a1

Postby a1 » November 20th, 2011, 7:26 pm

[QUOTE=Luke]Tag Team Wrestling (NES)

I found this at a garage sale for cheap and thought it would be as good or better than Pro Wrestling because the cartridge label looked cool.

After a few minutes of trying to play this game I remember looking at my buddy and saying "oh my god, where are the controls?" lol

Not only is it the worst wrestling game I've ever played, but it is without a doubt one of the worst games I've ever bought/played, period![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have that. It's terrible. Even worse is that it's one of the very few games that supports my four player satellite accessory.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » November 21st, 2011, 12:20 pm

[QUOTE=nesfan]

[QUOTE=ShadowAngel]

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. When I rented AC, I was thinking to myself that this game would be 1000X better if they cut out all of the annoying parts with Altair's ancestor in the future and just let you go through the game as Altair. And the missions did get pretty monotonous. It was a great concept for a game but it was not pulled off very well.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they had a good framework for a game but didn't polish it up enough.  ACII on the hand, great game.  Supposedly, AC: Brotherhood is another great game as well.

scotland171

Postby scotland171 » January 29th, 2015, 9:44 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever][QUOTE=N64Dude]Ha ha ha ha ha! There is so much more to it than those holes.I remember falling into holes everywhere even in the spaceship at the beginning or when that doctor touches you.
[/QUOTE]
You can't fall in a hole when you're on the spaceship.  There aren't even any holes on the spaceship screen.  As for falling when the "Doctor" touches you that can happen... if you walk into a hole as he touches you. 

You (and about 99% of "core" gamers) need to do some more homework on this one. For your perusal:
http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-et.html
http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-et-tips.html
[/QUOTE]

Dave brought up ET in his AVGN movie thread, and I had an ET question...which brought me to this thread of a few years back. The link above still works, and I like its, and M0zarts and Atarifevers defense of ET. However, that ET is not the worst Atari 2600 game is not really the point.

The point is that Warner paid a colossal amount for the rights then rushed it out for the holiday season. They made a lot of carts that hit the shelves two weeks or so before the infamous earnings report on December 7 saying profits would be significantly below expectations. The game sold okay, but many of those sales were bargain bin sales. Sure there are worse 2600 games, but this was made by Atari itself, in 1982, and advertised. Maybe it was just too different...a treasure hunt was just unexpected.

Sure the game was new when the Crash began, but it may have been the straw that at least began the panic (Pac Man was a major issue...people really did think it would be the killer app and bought a system for it)

My question was that it seems Warner/Atari bought the rights to ET for home consoles, but also for home computers and for arcades. Did Atari make any other ET efforts, or was ET's name Mudd by then?

I am waiting now for the ET hack on the Atari 2600 homebrew of flappy bird. Either that or the ET hack of Joust.

TheLastNightmare1

Postby TheLastNightmare1 » January 30th, 2015, 9:32 pm

Atart's ET game for 8-bits was better received, even if the digitized voice apparently scared some kids, and the artwork makes ET look evil. This time, ET sits out the action, and commands his new child minion to find the phone pieces.

Return to “Video Games General”