Leveraging Your Reviews - Ideas Wanted!

General and high profile video game topics.
Chaz1

Postby Chaz1 » April 7th, 2011, 1:35 am

Honestly I think it was implemented perfectly!  Way to go Critic nicely done.

I didn't have to refresh either.

Lets play some games and crank out some gems guys 

Marriott_Guy1

Postby Marriott_Guy1 » April 7th, 2011, 6:28 am

Hey Dave.

I think the presentation and ease of use is excellent - nice job!  The Reader Review looks great with both displays (B\W, W\B) and is integrated smoothly.  Just one thought that may be helpful, especially down the road as the pool of extra content begins to fill - is there a way you can add a "Collapse" command somewhere within the Reader Review?  A simple text line like Hide Reader Review at the bottom of the Reader Review would work well and you wouldn't have to integrate any graphics at all.  Just an idea that I think would enable the user to keep the VGC interface organized/uncluttered.

Again, thanks for making this happen.  I definitely believe this will be a hit with the community and visitors alike.

Terry

ajsmart1

Postby ajsmart1 » April 7th, 2011, 8:29 am

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Guess what guys - I did it.  I've been programming my *** off but I think I got it working.

Check out the link underneath the Custer's Revenge (Atari 2600) review.  Mozart's review is presented with a gray background.  You may have to refresh your cache (shift+refresh) at first.

Let me know what you think!

[/QUOTE]

Hey Critic, that's slick! nice job.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » April 7th, 2011, 9:21 am

Yeah, kudos.  Nicely done.  And I second the collapse request.

Congrats man, very cool feature.

I had a thought for anyone posting new reader reviews.  Perhaps, to post a new review you have to take the time to go through other submissions and nominate someone else's review.

It would give the community more of a give and take on all the new reader reviews that will start coming in.

JesusSaves

Postby JesusSaves » April 7th, 2011, 4:50 pm

I was thinking the same thing about a "hid reader review" option. It would definitely cut down on clutter when more reader reviews are posted.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 7th, 2011, 9:45 pm

Your wish is my command!  The new hide function is in place.  Hope you guys like this.  I'm really tired of programming!

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » April 8th, 2011, 12:22 am

Hate to offer up another suggestion that will involve some coding.

But now that you're listing the new reader reviews on the main page, it seems like it would be appropriate when you click on one to navigate to it that the reader review should already be open.

Just a thought.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » April 8th, 2011, 1:33 am

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Guess what guys - I did it.  I've been programming my *** off but I think I got it working.

Check out the link underneath the Custer's Revenge (Atari 2600) review.  Mozart's review is presented with a gray background.  You may have to refresh your cache (shift+refresh) at first.

Let me know what you think!

[/QUOTE]

I like it...

and I LOOOOVE being numero uno!

Paul C

Postby Paul C » April 8th, 2011, 3:33 am

I suddenly feel the urge to write some reviews...

Marriott_Guy1

Postby Marriott_Guy1 » April 8th, 2011, 6:14 am

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Your wish is my command!  The new hide function is in place.  Hope you guys like this.  I'm really tired of programming!
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dave - the Hide function works perfectly and was immediately intuitive!

Return to “Video Games General”