VGC gets a Kinect!

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

VGC gets a Kinect!

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 24th, 2011, 5:23 pm

My friend Steve didn't really have the room to fully enjoy his Kinect, so he sold me his, although with Kinect Sports.  I set it up in my basement the other night, and it was a good time.

Any other Kinect game recommendations?  There don't seem to be many new notable releases.

Burk1

VGC gets a Kinect!

Postby Burk1 » May 24th, 2011, 10:54 pm

[QUOTE]Any other Kinnect game recommendations?  There don't seem to be many new notable releases.[/QUOTE]

They are probably right next to the hottest, newest, Wii balance board games.

Steve1

VGC gets a Kinect!

Postby Steve1 » May 24th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Why didn't he give you the game that was packed in also? Kinect Adventures. It's not the best but it is enjoyable. Of the games I got with my unit, Kinect Sports sees the most activity followed by Dance Central which is fun if you have company (which you seem to have a lot of). And if it can get me to dance, it should be able to get anyone to dance.

Of new games, I'm interested in Child of Eden and The Gunstringer (XBLA game). I have not seen too much else that interests me but I'm still happy I got it.

Michael Prymula

VGC gets a Kinect!

Postby Michael Prymula » May 25th, 2011, 2:40 am

Sonic Free Riders(SR: Zero Gravity as well) 

ActRaiser1

VGC gets a Kinect!

Postby ActRaiser1 » May 25th, 2011, 8:24 am

Yeah, Kinect Adventures is definitely worth a review.

Outside of the already mentioned Kinect Sports and Dance Central check out YooStar 2: In The Movies.  But only get it when it drops to $20.  It deserves an F but gets a letter bump for having Princess Bride lines, "My name is..."  

I've got Kinectimals as well and it seems really polished for all of the half hour I've spent on it.

Last one that's actually pretty good is Your Shape Fitness Evolved. 

Blueguy93

VGC gets a Kinect!

Postby Blueguy93 » May 27th, 2011, 5:07 pm

[QUOTE=Michael Prymula]

Sonic Free Riders(SR: Zero Gravity as well) 

[/QUOTE]

Zero Gravity was released WAY before the Kinect was made, you do realize that, right?  Or you mean he should review that game because it was related to the Kinect Sonic game?

Michael Prymula

VGC gets a Kinect!

Postby Michael Prymula » May 27th, 2011, 7:36 pm

Yes, i'm saying he should review Zero Gravity as well since it's related to Free Riders.

Luke

VGC gets a Kinect!

Postby Luke » May 27th, 2011, 8:04 pm

Forza 4 is supposed to have some Kinect capabilities. We'll see how that works and then maybe I'll consider buying one. I'm also predicting a price drop for Kinect soon after E3 - any takers? 

bluemonkey1

VGC gets a Kinect!

Postby bluemonkey1 » May 28th, 2011, 10:44 am

Child of Eden in a couple of weeks is supposed to be really good with the Kinect.

Adventures is quite fun as others have said.

Your Shape is a fantastic exercise game, best out there imo.

Michael D

VGC gets a Kinect!

Postby Michael D » May 28th, 2011, 12:53 pm

[QUOTE=Michael Prymula]

Yes, i'm saying he should review Zero Gravity as well since it's related to Free Riders.

[/QUOTE]

That would be a good idea, especially if he plays the Wii version of Zero Gravity. Then, it could show the evolution of the franchise's controls, from how they worked with the controller on Gamecube, with the Wii-Mote/Nunchuck on Wii and the Kinect on 360. 

Return to “Video Games General”