At the Beach

General and high profile video game topics.
bluemonkey1

At the Beach

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 23rd, 2011, 2:35 pm

Sand, water and electronics?! Sounds like an accident waiting to happen to me.  Plus if you nip in the sea you know someone's going to pinch it.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

At the Beach

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 23rd, 2011, 5:16 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I was wondering about the sunlight factor, because I can't even play my DS outside due to the glare.

I probably wouldn't take the thing on the actual beach, but it would be nice to play it on a hotel balcony overlooking the ocean.

David

At the Beach

Postby David » June 23rd, 2011, 8:08 pm

http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/04/18/supaboy-handheld-snes-gets-priced-and-dated/

This thing comes out this year and looks pretty bad ass.  A portable SNES with two controller ports and a TV out.

Sudz1

At the Beach

Postby Sudz1 » June 23rd, 2011, 9:00 pm

For some reason I actually have a Nomad Dave... and the AC plug adapter.  I have no idea where I got this thing or why, but If you'd like to borrow it for a bit and see how you like it you're more than welcome to.  That way you can try before you buy, so to speak. 

PacMan000

At the Beach

Postby PacMan000 » June 24th, 2011, 12:07 pm

[QUOTE]Are you sure it's a good idea (or even safe) to have handhelds out in warm/hot weather?
[/QUOTE]

I used to leave my original Game Boy in the hot car all day long, with the power on, just so I could continue my game after school.  I doubt that heat would kill a handheld.  Of course you could probably use the old Game Boy as a hockey puck without causing too much damage.

Return to “Video Games General”