Debates you are tired of.

General and high profile video game topics.
Harmon

Postby Harmon » July 2nd, 2011, 8:12 am

Overall : Everything Nintendo does is bad. Like the thread on this board where peopel were comparing Wiiu to the freaking DC VMU - what? At least Atarifever came in to straighten that out.

For this board =' the Dreamcast in general is the greatest thing ever'. Basically because it was SEGA's last console? I don't get it. Take the top 10 games from PS2 XBOX or GC and the compare them with the top 10 of DC and tell me why you think it is so good. Sonic Adventure - really? 

If that was a Mario game it would be the black sheep of the series by far, its a mediocre game....

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » July 2nd, 2011, 12:13 pm

I'm also tired of all the hatred N64 gets for its graphics and lack of RPGs,especially when it still has more high quality games over that PlayStation and it's nowhere near as grainy and therefore even harder to see.

As for Sonic Adventure Harmon,well of course it would be a black sheep,Mario isn't about speed,Mario is about power-up obtaining so if suddenly they did a game where Mario had to run and then Peach had some levels,of course it would.

Sonic on other hand has allowed you to play someone other than Sonic since '94 and the main point is speed,plus it was sonics first 3D run which adds some nostalgia

And no Sonic Adventure is not mediocre,it's Sony Jak/Clank crap that is.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » July 2nd, 2011, 12:31 pm

N64Dude, you say you are tired of these debates, then again, you're fueling them with this very post.

Blueguy93

Postby Blueguy93 » July 2nd, 2011, 4:47 pm

I'm very tired of people saying that today's games aren't as good as the older games. FALSE!! Any game can be fun depending on what person you are. Yes, there's been a lot of corporate controversy, but also a lot of great games released.

JesusSaves

Postby JesusSaves » July 2nd, 2011, 6:07 pm

[QUOTE=N64Dude]

I'm also tired of all the hatred N64 gets for its graphics and lack of RPGs,especially when it still has more high quality games over that PlayStation and it's nowhere near as grainy and therefore even harder to see.

[/QUOTE]

You say you're tired of the supposed hatred the N64 gets, and yet you express your hate for the Playstation in the same sentence?

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » July 2nd, 2011, 8:02 pm

Well you're all right I'm not perfect,it's a force of habit with the nature of these forums. It just gets on my nerves how the specs of the PlayStation always get a pass.

It's just that no one ever created a thread about the graininess of the PlayStation yet people jump on the 64 all the time for being "blurry". Either the PlayStation should stop getting a pass or no one should pass judgment on either of them.

And arguably anything said here just fuels another argument becuase of all these diverse opinions no way around it.

I never said anything about Sonic Adventure in all this

JesusSaves

Postby JesusSaves » July 3rd, 2011, 8:03 am

[QUOTE=N64Dude]

Well you're all right I'm not perfect,it's a force of habit with the nature of these forums. It just gets on my nerves how the specs of the PlayStation always get a pass.

It's just that no one ever created a thread about the graininess of the PlayStation yet people jump on the 64 all the time for being "blurry". Either the PlayStation should stop getting a pass or no one should pass judgment on either of them.

[/QUOTE]
Again, just your opinion. I don't see any bluriness or graininess in most PS games, especially in the most popular titles (Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, etc.)

Luke

Postby Luke » July 3rd, 2011, 10:54 pm

I get really tired of people arguing and saying bad things about the official Xbox 360 or PS3 controller when it relates to certain genres of games like fps, fighting or racing games.

People say things like "The 360 is better for fps's because the triggers on the Dualshock suck, or the PS3 is better for fighting games since the d-pad on the 360 controller is so bad"

Sure, everyone has a right to offer their opinion and prefer one controller over another. But the fact of the matter is that there are a lot of third-party controllers and cross-platform adapters out there that could possibly resolve these issues.

So just because the 360 controller stinks for fighting games... that doesn't mean you have to automatically gravitate towards the PS3 version to play them. THERE ARE other controller options on the 360 like the Street Fighter IV Fightpad, various arcade joysticks, and even PS3-to-360 controller adapters (if you still love the Dualshock) for sale on the internet.

The same can be said about the Dualshock and shooters on the PS3. There are a lot of third-party controllers available. Heck, you can even hook up a standard USB keyboard & mouse to your PS3 with an dedicated USB adapter.

So the bottomline is, you don't have to be stuck with the official controller on any system. There are plenty of other control options out there. So saying one system is better than another for a certain genre of games just because of the controller is a bad argument.

a1

Postby a1 » July 3rd, 2011, 11:07 pm

I'm tired of all Wii U/Wii sucks, PSP sucks, kinect sucks, and online sucks debates. Basically I'm tired of all the debates here though.

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » July 4th, 2011, 2:46 pm

So what JesusSaves,it's just your opinion and Jons opinion that the N64 is blurry,fact is that debate was started. Honestly I wouldn't be tired of it if it was just one thread.Truthfully the only "blurry" games I've ever heard of are the poorly received ones like Quest 64,Superman,Aydin Chronicles,or Xena

But the debate stemmed many threads over the years,and then it launched into Anti-5th gen bias overall,and that gets tiring

Any topic of course gets tiring if abused,but when you really disagree with the abused topic at hand and a thread like this comes up,well what would you do?

Return to “Video Games General”