Motorstorm Apocalypse Outrage

General and high profile video game topics.
bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » July 23rd, 2011, 4:55 am

[QUOTE=Paul Campbell] I would play through a game like that once or twice in single player mode, and then play it a million times afterwards when friends came over in split-screen mode, and ONLY in split screen mode.  Gimme a break!  Do you people not leave your houses or have people visit very much?  Have we become that closed of a society?
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the value judgement, yes I do leave my house but I only play split screen gaming about once every 3 months with anyone but my girlfriend.  Simple facts:

- Meeting up with friends after work at someone's house just isn't viable, you've got work the next day, dinner to cook, the odd chore to do and so on.  Popping online for half an hour's play with a buddy at 11.00pm however is a far more viable option, and just as sociable I might add.

- On weekends people often have commitments, they have children or family to go and visit.  Plus that's one of the rare days you can travel into town and do shopping and so forth.  Weekends are the only time I get to do any split screen gaming with buddies but it's a big commitment as travel time and petrol aren't cheap.  Plus I have other hobbies to do so I don't want every weekend to be taken up by these whole day long gaming marathons.

Facts:

- Online gaming with friends is just as social as offline gaming with friends.
- Online gaming is cheaper and more convenient, I can be sitting there playing with my mates having done my evening routine and got ready for bed, or squeeze in a few games while the dinner's cooking or the girlfriend is getting ready.  Times when it just wouldn't be possible to meet people.
- Online gaming allows you to keep in touch with friends who have moved away, some of mine live a couple of hours drive away for example.

But no apparantly online gaming is antisocial?!

JesusSaves

Postby JesusSaves » July 23rd, 2011, 8:46 am

[QUOTE=ajsmart]

Sounds to me like you can have local split screen racers racing in the same on-line matches together.  Which would be very cool... have four friends local, another 8 on-line.  If this is indeed true, I think it should get a grade bump up!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. In Mario Kart Wii, you can have an online match while being splitscreen with someone in the same house.

Return to “Video Games General”