Should this site have a Like Button for forum posts?

General and high profile video game topics.
Blueguy93

Postby Blueguy93 » July 22nd, 2011, 1:02 pm

Critic, I have another idea to make this already great site more interactive. We should have a like button for the threads (similar to Facebook or Youtube). That way, people would know if you're really listening to their comments. And just a like button, not a dislike button for the sake of sensitive people here.

What do you think? Should we have one?

Edward1

Postby Edward1 » July 22nd, 2011, 2:40 pm

I wouldn't want that, especially if it is integrated with facebook.    If people like a post, they can post a comment saying its a good post, and even say why it is.   I don't see why we need this.   I feel stuff like that lowers the quality of the discussion.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 22nd, 2011, 5:14 pm

Right now I rent out this message board service so I don't have a heck of a lot of control over it.  However, I am open to the idea of migrating to a new system if it's worthwhile.

I actually changed web hosts recently.  Now my site is being run on a server maintained by the RPG Critic.  He might be able to help me set something up.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » July 22nd, 2011, 6:03 pm

Don't see the benefit myself, there aren't so many posts that the average person can't keep up with them all.

Return to “Video Games General”