Gamepro Quarterly

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Gamepro Quarterly

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 3rd, 2011, 1:00 pm

O-Storm - just keep in mind that they didn't know it would be the final issue when they wrote it!  They were just trying to forge a new direction for the magazine.  Less timely stuff and more fun stuff.

0-Storm

Gamepro Quarterly

Postby 0-Storm » December 4th, 2011, 1:41 am

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]O-Storm - just keep in mind that they didn't know it would be the final issue when they wrote it!  They were just trying to forge a new direction for the magazine.  Less timely stuff and more fun stuff.
[/QUOTE]

I hate it when tv shows, games, magazines & etc. don't get a chance to know & prepare for their last assignment. What a shame to what was once an awesome magazine.

Sudz1

Gamepro Quarterly

Postby Sudz1 » December 4th, 2011, 10:12 am

It's funny to go back and read video game magazines from the early/mid 90's as compared to the late 2000's.  At least the ones I read (which admittedly were computer-game centric), the older mags would have dozens of reviews and maybe a couple of quick 'specialty' sections talking about hardware or delving deeper into specific genres like wargames or driving sims.  Towards the end, you were lucky to get more than 6-7 actual REVIEWS of games.  Instead, they would have tons of 'previews' or even worse - interviews with programers, designers, and other industry insiders.  I don't know that I've ever met another gamer who cared much about the wizards behind the curtains... I read those magazines for reviews about games.  Article about 'Are video games considered art?' or 'What are the social ramifications of...?' simply had no place in those mags for me.

Return to “Video Games General”