Wow! This game look awesome (3DS)

General and high profile video game topics.
James McCloud

Postby James McCloud » October 13th, 2011, 9:06 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ktE8hzxO8

Wow it's weird.

I was thinking of upgrading my PS2 to a 360, but after seeing all the 'Rage-Games' on the system I am deciding not to. Isn't it ironic - in order to find PS2 type games seems like I have to buy a Nintendo portable - Nintendo, of all companies.

But no apologies, these are the types of games I prefer I must get this and Shinobi.

Imagine games having bright graphics and music instead of.....well, you know.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 13th, 2011, 9:51 am

I'm not so sure you're looking hard enough.

For colorful games off the top of my head I'd say any of the Rare developed games fit that bill.

Banjo Kazoi Nuts and Bolts
Viva Pinata series
Kameo

For more recent adventure games check out Enslaved or El Shaddai.  Both got great reviews and are completely new IPs and have very colorful art direction. 

Likewise, Mirrors Edge is another good one.  And then there's the Assassin Creed series which the critic is just now starting to research.  There's also Katamri on the 360, tons of colorful RPGs such as Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon.

If you're looking for more family friendly games the Kinect has them in spades.  My nieces love Kinectimals and Dance Central.

If you want more of a Metroid style game Shadow Complex is highly regarded.  If you like Populous then From Dust is pretty neat.  Then you have all of the arcade shooters and twitch games like Geometry Wars and tons of Indi games with unique graphic styles.

PS, Steer, you could always fire up your Wii and play Wii Sports 

Josh

Postby Josh » October 13th, 2011, 10:50 am

If you want PS2-like games then get . . . a PS3.

It's only about 20-30 bucks more and packs a whole lot more bang for your buck. Heck, it has a blu-ray player.

And not to make false accusations but you do sound a whole lot like a certain fella named steer.

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » October 13th, 2011, 2:52 pm

LOL. Boy, you guys are touchy.  This guy isn't fawning all over the 360 so you accuse him of being steer?  I actually kind of agree with him.  I have no problems with the 360 and wouldn't mind having one, but I don't see a lot of games for it that I would consider to be "my thing."

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 13th, 2011, 3:54 pm

Nah, they both have similar IP Address locations (within a 100 miles of each other).  The new one is wireless.  If they both didn't reside in western Minnesota I'd not have said anything.  But as both posters are so close together and at times have made similar statements I'm not exactly grasping for straws. 

We haven't seen the drunk ramblings from steer calling out the critic in awhile nor have we seen him impersonate anyone else in awhile.  As a result, I think he's a found a new alt that gets through.  As long as he doesn't start back up I don't care. 
----------

Back to the post at hand, good point, if you want to play more PS2 games, get a PS3, the Ratchet and Clank games are awesome.

Josh

Postby Josh » October 13th, 2011, 4:11 pm

I called it the first time McCloud posted. He impersonated me here once and that crossed the line. I guess he's usuing his local library's ISP now. As Actraiser said, as long as he's being nice I don't care either.

But I agree with you snakeboy, a lot of the 360's main library are way too similiar and have that gritty, dirty look. However, I got mine for the XBLA library which is excellent.

Also, I'm finding myself liking the cheaper and shorter games like XBLA offers. I just dont' have the time or attention span to invest in some AAA blockbuster title. Anyways, I find that those kind of games have a lot of fluff in them that extends the game in a non-fun way.

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » October 13th, 2011, 6:07 pm

Hmm, maybe it could be Steer, but the post doesn't have the old Steer hyperbole and confrontational attitude in it.  If it is him, then he fooled me...

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » October 13th, 2011, 7:01 pm

I think it's him, too. Several of his post when he first appeared struck me as very much like something Steer would say. And a check of IP addresses back then all but convinced me.

But as long as everyone can play nice, lets just roll with the flow.

James McCloud

Postby James McCloud » October 13th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Sigh.

I am not Steer, nor do I know of a Steer.

And call me crazy - but I have no interest in Kinect or Banjo Kazooie or Kameo.

Just forget it - I joined this forum to rediscover gaming and I do not like what I found. Enjoy your RAGE and but Call of Duty AND Modern Warfare. Its almost like really being in the army!

Sorry I am a pascifist.

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » October 13th, 2011, 8:40 pm

[QUOTE=ActRaiser]I'm not so sure you're looking hard enough.<br><br><br><font size="1">PS, Steer, you could always fire up your Wii and play Wii Sports  </font><br>[/QUOTE]<br><br>This made me laugh, and laugh hard. Actraiser, putting this in small letters was brilliant. Bravo and kudos!<br>

Return to “Video Games General”