Are You a Shepherd or a Sheep?

General and high profile video game topics.
The Mad Blogger

Postby The Mad Blogger » October 31st, 2011, 11:28 am

The Mad Blogger has been reading several posts while he has been away, but one above others was interesting. This post centered around the corporate mindset of video games, caring little for the hard-core gamer.

In short, why do companies put out games with the bottom line in mind? Why not be more concerned with what the gamers are asking for?

In short, because most gamers are sheep.

Now, this is not The Mad Blogger saying that you are sheep, but rather corporate America saying you are sheep. For example, why would The New York Yankees charge $1200 for a seat (to one game) behind Home plate? Because there are enough people who will pay for that seat. Do people complain?  Of course. They mumble and grumble, but they still pay.

The bottom line is the bottom line.

If you are that dissatisfied with games produced by Nintendo or Sony or Microsoft, don't buy the games. Send the people with power petitions of people who will not purchase these games. In fact, you could create an online petition and send them the link. When these people see that their bottom lines are affected, they will take action in your favor.

Sheep make noise.
Shepherds make action.

Which are you?

The Mad Blogger has spoken.

P.S. No sheep were harmed in the making of this post.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 31st, 2011, 11:34 am

I always find it funny when someone uses the word "spoken" in a written exchange.  I'm not sure why.  I just do.

ActRaiser has spoken

(or just typed up something instead of stating vocally--but whatever)

ActRaiser has spoken

The Mad Blogger

Postby The Mad Blogger » October 31st, 2011, 11:40 am

ActRaiser writes:

"I always find it funny when someone uses the word "spoken" in a written exchange.  I'm not sure why.  I just do.
ActRaiser has spoken"

Great question, ActRaiser. It's a figure of speech. It is like when someone writes, "I always find it funny..." You can't find something to be funny. You may believe that it is funny. Your opinion may be that it is humorous. But, things are found. Emotions are not.

P.S. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thank you are flattering me with the "ActRaiser has spoken signature."

P.P.S. Next week, The Mad Blogger will provide you with his catch phrase.

P.P.P.S. ActRaiser 2 was better.

See you next week!

Josh

Postby Josh » October 31st, 2011, 11:57 am

Yeah, the whole "have spoken" thing sounds pretty arrogant, huh?

Who does the Mad Blogger think he is? The Wizard of Oz?

I think most people who don't like certain VG trends and policies don't participate in them. And by what I've noticed many companies have changed their policies and actions as a result.

The Josh has spoken

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » October 31st, 2011, 2:55 pm

If you go on 1up, there is a complete and total troll who posts under the name Gamemaster4747. He always signs off with "the gamemaster has spoken" and only posts angry rants about gaming. Strange......

Banjo has spoken. Lol!

Marriott_Guy1

Postby Marriott_Guy1 » October 31st, 2011, 5:18 pm

While I admit that I find it distasteful when a person refers to themselves in the third person (akin to hearing someone’s nails screeching across a blackboard), I have no problem with a poster having a closing shtick to their writing.  That being said, I am not so sure a full scale investigation is in order  J

To answer the OP’s comment, I communicate my feelings through the use/non-use of my pocketbook.  While it is true that anticipated demand dictates (i.e. your Yankees example), actualized sales versus remaining inventory and product recovery cost prevail after the initial hype has died down.

The 3DS is a perfect example of this in action.

The Mad Blogger

Postby The Mad Blogger » November 1st, 2011, 11:56 am

Banjo writes:

"If you go on 1up, there is a complete and total troll who posts under the name Gamemaster4747. He always signs off with "the gamemaster has spoken" and only posts angry rants about gaming. Strange......"

Not really strange. The Mad Blogger has no idea about who this Gamemaster4747 is, or why he or she has a 4747 after his or her name. However, on this site alone, several people have imitated The Mad Blogger. We now have The Josh and The ActRaiser.

What can The Mad Blogger say? He's a trendsetter.

As for his catch phrase of "The Mad Blogger has spoken," after speaking with his Mad Bloggamaniacs (MBMs), he sees that this can be construed as arrogance. As The Mad Blogger is a blogger by the people and for the people, humility is his beacon. And so, on Monday, November 07, he will reveal his new catch phrase. Of course, that, too, may be used by others.

Lastly, is The Mad Blogger a troll? Not at all. Here is why.

A troll is someone who posts off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

If you look at each of The Mad Blogger's posts, you'll see that they are on target. Reviews go in the reviews section, classic gaming posts are slated for that section, and so on. You may not disagree with The Mad Blogger, and that is your right. If anything, The Mad Blogger is the anti-troll, as trolls are meant to use inflammatory dialogue, whereas The Mad Blogger believes in giving many compliments.

This post was not meant to offend anyone, but rather to provide people with an alternative to complaining. Hit the corporate you-know-whats in the wallet and you will see change. Speak THEIR language (the bottom line), and watch what happens.

Have a great week!

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » November 1st, 2011, 1:39 pm

"You may not disagree with The Mad Blogger, and that is your right."

... The "Mad" Blogger, indeed. We got the general idea, you might want
to adopt a more conventional stance from now on. Fine by me if you don't,
but you've already alienated a few board members in a surprinsingly short
while. Way to go. If you're truly not the troll some are openly thinking you are,
you'll change your ways, and I'd suggest you do not wait until November 7th to
do so. Embrace this advice.

The Mad Blogger

Postby The Mad Blogger » November 1st, 2011, 2:41 pm

Oltobaz writes:

"We got the general idea, you might want to adopt a more conventional stance from now on."

Never. It is not the way of The Mad Blogger. Conform? Adopt a more conventional stance? As this forum is about video games, show The Mad Blogger one successful video game or character who adopted this policy. Did Mario conform when he climbed many ladders to rescue the princess from Donkey Kong? Did PacMan adopt a more conventional stance by devouring dots while being chased by Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde? By the way, why was one ghost named differently than the other three?

"Fine by me if you don't, but you've already alienated a few board members in a surprinsingly short while."

Then again, other board members are now MBMs (or Mad Bloggamaniacs). Even The Video Game Critic has many people who like him and a very small few who don't. Now, what if a few posters said, "Don't display the Halloween games." or "How can you give game ABC a D- rating?" Would he stop posting? Of course not.

You can't please all of the people all of the time. The Mad Blogger is not trying to alienate you, and if his style does so, he fully understands. However, this is who the Mad Blogger is. He is a different breed of cat, if you will.

"If you're truly not the troll some are openly thinking you are, you'll change your ways, and I'd suggest you do not wait until November 7th to do so. Embrace this advice."

The Mad Blogger is embracing your advice. However, did you know that every time the word "if" is used in the Bible, it is associated with Satan? "If" you are the Son of God...

Again, look at what The Mad Blogger writes and see if it is off-topic. It's not. Therefore, troll is not the correct word here. Innovative? Ingenious? Intelligent? Yes, he is all of these (and much more).

Keep in mind, however, that when we change who we are, we lose our very essence. No price is worth that.

P.S. As for the new catch phrase, please do not be impatient. It is only six days away for The Mad Blogger's new catch phrase.

Bluenote1

Postby Bluenote1 » November 1st, 2011, 2:50 pm

Sigh.....Mad Blogger, can you please stop talking like that, it's idiotic. 

Return to “Video Games General”