Are You a Shepherd or a Sheep?

General and high profile video game topics.
soporj1

Postby soporj1 » November 6th, 2011, 12:13 pm

I wish the Mad Blogger would focus his attention on his mad blog rather than all the posts here.

What is the link to his mad blog anyway?

The Mad Blogger

Postby The Mad Blogger » November 7th, 2011, 11:25 am

soporj writes:

"What is the link to his mad blog anyway?"

Keep in mind that as this is The Video Game Critic's site, The Mad Blogger goes bu the rules and guidelines that are set by The Video Game Critic. This includes keeping topics on point with video games and not doing self promoting.

Posting a link would be a violation of these guidelines.

As for the link being removed, over the past three weeks, The Mad Blogger's Inbox has been inundated with emails from several of you, and he wants to take the time to respond to all of them, in turn. After he completes this, he will reactivate the email link.

The Mad Blogger is the man who:
Shakes Things Up,
Breaks Things Down, and
Wakes People Up!!!

The Mad Blogger has spoken!

Paul C

Postby Paul C » November 7th, 2011, 12:24 pm

[QUOTE=The Mad Blogger]It gets down to this.

If you believe you can make a difference, you will.
If you don't believe you can make a difference, you won't.

It's up to you.

[/QUOTE]

......<sniff>.... <sniff>...... beautiful.  I hope one day I can make a difference in the world of online video game forums and chat rooms.  It's up to me... <whispering> its up to me...

The Mad Blogger

Postby The Mad Blogger » November 7th, 2011, 1:52 pm

Paul C writes:

"I hope one day I can make a difference in the world of online video game forums and chat rooms.  It's up to me... <whispering> its up to me..."

Of COURSE it is up to you. Keep in mind that as a consumer, Nintendo and all other companies work for you, you don't work for them.

They need YOU (not the other way around).

The Mad Blogger is not going to insult anyone on this board, but if a person does not see this, then that person is a sheep.

Let The Mad Blogger show you what he is talking about.
  1. Let's say you live in a state, and there are people who are unhappy with the trend of a video game company. Let's say you are not happy with the Wii U.
  2. You find 1,000 people in your state.
  3. Multiply this by every state in the United States. This would result in 50,000 people.
  4. Let's say that next year with the price of the Wii U and 2-3 games, this would cost each person $500.
  5. Multiply 5,000 people by $500 per person and you get $25,000,000.
Where many of these protests fail is they do not speak the language of the corporation. The corporation does not care about YOU; however, it does care about YOUR MONEY. So, don't speak about the fact that you are unhappy, but rather that your unhappiness will result in a loss of revenue for the company by $25,000,000, and watch what happens.

To say this is naive, is, well, naive. The fundamental principal of a company is that it makes a profit. This principle is SO important, companies not following this are called "not-for-profits."

YOU are responsible for a company making a profit. You are more important than the stockholders, the shareholders, the CEO, COO, CFO, CIO, and so on is ...

YOU!!!

However, companies do not want you to know that. Because if you knew that, you would make a difference.

Without YOU, there is no Nintendo. As Nintendo says, YOU have the power. If you have power over a thing, you have the power to control a thing or destroy a thing.

To say this cannot work is naive. We have precedents. Heck, in the past three months, we have two examples set with Bank of America and NetFlix. If we thought as you, NetFlix and Bank of America would have instituted their greed policies. We shut these policies down. The same can be done with any company.

NO company is above failing. NO "for-profit" company is successful without consumers.

Keep in mind that sheep do not know they are sheep. It is others who know they are sheep. If you feel that nothing can be done, guess what you are?

Shakes Things Up,
Breaks Things Down, and
Wakes People Up!!!

Hardcore_Sadism1

Postby Hardcore_Sadism1 » November 7th, 2011, 2:57 pm

Congratulations, Mad Blogger you managed to turn this twenty year-old into a borderline emo child. A phase I managed to fight off before it could hit me.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » November 7th, 2011, 3:55 pm

Such partonising, simplistic views of the world.  You claim not directly insult people but you make snidey passive agressive statements of fact instead because people don't agree with your opinion.  You assume to much about your own opinion and the knowledge and experiences of others.

The Mad Blogger

Postby The Mad Blogger » November 7th, 2011, 4:24 pm

Hardcore Sadism writes:

"Congratulations, Mad Blogger you managed to turn this twenty year-old into a borderline emo child. A phase I managed to fight off before it could hit me."

You are welcome. The Mad Blogger appreciates your accolades of him, but remember, it is YOU who should get most of the credit. All The Mad Blogger is is a conduit of truth, a man who shakes things up, breaks things down, and wakes people up. It is up to the people to take this information and use it. If The Mad Blogger helped you to face reality, he thanks you for the high praise.

bluemonkey writes

"Such partonising, simplistic views of the world."

Really? Simplistic views of the world? One person's simplicity is another person's genius. It depends on how you look at things. But, The Mad Blogger bases what he says on facts. Look at why NetFlix and BofA reversed their policies. It is because of these "simplistic" views.

As The Mad Blogger's ways are so simplistic, can you elaborate on that? What about what The Mad Blogger says is simplistic? Naive? To merely state something without having the facts to support it is not a valid argument. Show The Mad Blogger through facts of where he erred?

"You claim not directly insult people but you make snidey passive agressive statements of fact instead because people don't agree with your opinion."

The only people who are insulted are the people who are sheep. Notice that unlike many people who state that The Mad Blogger is naive or simpleminded, he never says any one person is a sheep. However, if a person purchases inferior products from a company, and does not do anything to stop this trend because of a mindset of "there's nothing that can be done," then, yes, that person is a sheep.

There is always something that can be done. ALWAYS.

What is the other alternative? Hopelessness. Going along with the status quo. What a pathetic way to live. It is one thing if a person does not care, or has an apathetic mindset. This person chooses not to care.

However, for a person to want to make a change, but to believe there is no possibility for change happening? How sad is that?

What if the Video Game Critic had that mindset? Well then, there would be no Web site here, and you would not be reading The Mad Blogger's words. His belief in a Web site dedicated to video games resulted in this site happening.

Why? Because he did not operate in the mindset of what can't be done, but rather in what can happen.

For those hopeless souls, The Mad Blogger KNOWS there are people on this board who do believe that. He reads their email messages. And he feels pity and compassion for them. He prays for them.

However, he knows there are also people who have been told, time and time again, that there is no hope, and, quite honestly, they are tired of hearing this pessimistic viewpoint. They want to know that there is the potential for change. And as you all know from your good old chemistry days, potential energy will eventually become kinetic energy, if just the slightest catalyst is activated upon it.

The Mad Blogger is that catalyst.

And so, The Mad Blogger challenges any of you with the following question:
What is one area in the video game community where change is impossible? Give me your best shot. Show this "naive" and "simplistic" Mad Blogger what cannot happen, and he will illustrate how change is not only possible, but also probable with the proper mindset.

Shakes Things Up,
Breaks Things Down, and
Wakes People Up!!!

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » November 7th, 2011, 4:58 pm

After this, you're no longer the Mad Blogger.
You're the Mad Messiah. You're praying, essentially,
for people you like to call sheep! You're praying for your
would be flock! And, of course, you're giving us predictions
and statements based on half baked cheesy "truths", and
then, there's this strange third person speech.
You're either:

A/ Joking around, and assuming a persona. You're basically
acting like a troll, and you like the attention.

B/ You're actually serious. For your sake, I hope option "A" applies here.
Better that than the alternative.

C/ There's no "C", but I'm sure you'll come up with something.

James1

Postby James1 » November 7th, 2011, 5:03 pm

It's GameboyGirl in disguise coming back to annoy us for our past transgressions.

The Mad Blogger

Postby The Mad Blogger » November 7th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Oltobaz writes:

"After this, you're no longer the Mad Blogger. You're the Mad Messiah."

Please note that you are in violation of VGC's General Guideline #3, which states that "Please do not post messages directed at a single person.  Ex: Hey John!  Give me a call tomorrow." It is for this reason that The Mad Blogger never focuses his posts toward one person in particular. 

"You're praying, essentially, for people you like to call sheep!"

This is not a religious forum, but rather one dedicated to video games. Therefore, The Mad Blogger cannot respond to this, as a result of the General Guidelines of VGC (in particular 1-3).

"You're praying for your would be flock!"

The Mad Blogger is merely a voice crying out in the video game wilderness. Again, this has nothing to do with religion.

"And, of course, you're giving us predictions and statements based on half baked cheesy "truths", and then, there's this strange third person speech."

The Mad Blogger does not know what you are talking about, in terms of this "third-person" speech. When you speak, do you see other people, including this third person? When The Mad Blogger speaks, he does not see third people, especially ones who are strange. If you do, that is a different way of looking at things.

You're either "A/ Joking around, and assuming a persona. You're basically
acting like a troll, and you like the attention."

As stated previously, trolling is when you write something off topic, solely for inflammatory purposes. The Mad Blogger is not writing about anything other than video games. Therefore, he is on topic, and is not trolling. Also, trolls like to bash others. The Mad Blogger does not say anything against any one person in particular. Now, those who refer to The Mad Blogger as naive or simplistic, because they are insulting The Mad Blogger, THAT is trolling.

"B/ You're actually serious. For your sake, I hope option "A" applies here.
Better that than the alternative."

The Mad Blogger is serious. He believes what he says. You may not agree with what he says, and that is your right to do so. However, there is definitely some humor to him. 

"C/ There's no "C", but I'm sure you'll come up with something."

C is The Mad Blogger's surprise that so far, nobody has taken him up on his Mad Bloggerific Challenge. Simply put, what is one area in the video game community where change is impossible? Give me your best shot. Show this "naive" and "simplistic" Mad Blogger what cannot happen, and he will illustrate how change is not only possible, but also probable with the proper mindset.

Return to “Video Games General”