Unreleased Games You Wanted to Play

General and high profile video game topics.
Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » January 7th, 2015, 5:48 am

[QUOTE=Weekend_Warrior][QUOTE=Oltobaz][QUOTE=Weekend_Warrior]MORTAL KOMBAT HD KOLLECTION

Despite some rumors denying its existence, this game has actually been proven to had been in the works around MK9, but was scrapped for unknown reasons. It was going to be HD remakes of the first 3 MK games shot with new actors. It may sound kinda lame, but some of the pictures that have surfaced online look quite good, and the actors were pretty much dead ringers for the original actors/character models.

Eventually, this title just simply became known as "Mortal Kombat Arcade Kolllection," and was just basic arcade ports of MK 1-3, released on PS3, 360 and PC.

I think the original idea was to make the games similar to Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, where you could play the original game or switch to the new version with updated visuals. [/QUOTE]

While a very good game, SF II Turbo HD Remix doesn't include the old visuals.[/QUOTE]You are incorrect. You can switch between "Classic Arcade" and "HD Remix" in the game menu.

The "HD Remix" is simply re-drawn, updated visuals over the existing, original graphic models. [/QUOTE]

Hardly. The HD graphics makeover, while enjoyable in their own right, look and inevitably feel very different than the original game. You can't switch these new graphics with the originals as far as the decor, which always remain the same. You can however switch characters sprites, still, the visuals won't look and feel at all
like the real thing even then, since decors do not switch back to the old style no matter what. Besides, mixing the original sprites with the new decors doesn't do Ryu and co justice, due to some heavy pixelisation (on an HD screen at least).

Pimphand_Gamester1

Postby Pimphand_Gamester1 » January 11th, 2015, 10:28 am

I always wanted to play Beavis and Butthead the arcade game. Never finished and never released but sure looked really good for it's time and far better than any other game version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ghPbF3fd4

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » January 11th, 2015, 3:47 pm

Six Days in Fallujah sounded like a really promising shooter, too bad it never saw the light of day.  

There was also a cool sounding game called Shoot to Kill: Colombian Crackdown that never happened.

One arcade game that never got released that I really want to try is the Mortal Kombat clone Tattoo Assassins from Data East.

LS6501

Postby LS6501 » January 11th, 2015, 11:42 pm

There was a game called Bound High developed for the Nintendo Virtual Boy.  It was rumoured for years to be a great game that never got released, and finally a couple of years a go someone dumped a prototype ROM.  I've tried it out with 3D glasses and emulation - and it actually is a pretty cool game...

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » January 12th, 2015, 3:26 am

I've always wanted to try the games that were planned for the cancelled Sega VR, which would've been a far superior version of the Virtual Boy(for one thing it could display games in full color).

bronZfonZ1

Postby bronZfonZ1 » January 16th, 2015, 4:01 pm

The original version of Halo intended for the Macintosh, which was a third person shooter.

Return to “Video Games General”