Slowest Games Ever Made?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Slowest Games Ever Made?

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 4th, 2012, 8:07 pm

Tanks A Lot for the Arcadia 2001 is incredibly slow.  Actually a lot of the games for that system are.

ActRaiser1

Slowest Games Ever Made?

Postby ActRaiser1 » January 5th, 2012, 9:07 am

[QUOTE=0-Storm]
Typically I don't like these kindof games. I did like one click & point game on the Turbo Grafyx 16. It was some guy in a dungeon & he was always dying in some horrific way. Good fun.  
[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of curious to know which one?  I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Turbo but can't place this game.  Anyone else have any suggestions for the name of it?  I always liked those types of games and wasn't aware of too many that fit that description.

If you had mentioned the NES, I'd have immediately thought of Shadowgate.  Anyone else know which game O-storm is thinking about?

MoonMetropolis

Slowest Games Ever Made?

Postby MoonMetropolis » January 5th, 2012, 3:02 pm

[QUOTE=ActRaiser][QUOTE=0-Storm]
Typically I don't like these kindof games. I did like one click & point game on the Turbo Grafyx 16. It was some guy in a dungeon & he was always dying in some horrific way. Good fun.  
[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of curious to know which one?  I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Turbo but can't place this game.  Anyone else have any suggestions for the name of it?  I always liked those types of games and wasn't aware of too many that fit that description.

If you had mentioned the NES, I'd have immediately thought of Shadowgate.  Anyone else know which game O-storm is thinking about?
[/QUOTE]
There are dungeon games for the TG16 (like Double Dungeons and Dungeon Explorer), but they are not point-and-click adventures. 

Dennis

Slowest Games Ever Made?

Postby Dennis » January 5th, 2012, 9:58 pm

I just remembered Activision's Checkers for 2600.  The screen would go black between each turn so the computer could "think," sometimes for extended stretches.  I may be remembering wrong but I think the instructions said it could take upwards of an hour per turn on the advanced level!  This is checkers we're talking about, how many possible moves could there be?!?

Silver_Fox1

Slowest Games Ever Made?

Postby Silver_Fox1 » January 5th, 2012, 10:58 pm

It's probably Beyond Shadowgate. There was also a game called Loom. They were both tg-16 cd games. Never played either one but I read some pretty good reviews for them back in the day.

ActRaiser1

Slowest Games Ever Made?

Postby ActRaiser1 » January 6th, 2012, 9:04 am

[QUOTE=Silver_Fox]It's probably Beyond Shadowgate. There was also a game called Loom. They were both tg-16 cd games. Never played either one but I read some pretty good reviews for them back in the day.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap!  That's awesome, I never knew about a sequel to Shadowgate.  I may have to track this one down.  

Back in the day Loom came with my PC.  It's a great game and highly recommended.

0-Storm

Slowest Games Ever Made?

Postby 0-Storm » January 6th, 2012, 11:42 am

[QUOTE=ActRaiser][QUOTE=Silver_Fox]It's probably Beyond Shadowgate. There was also a game called Loom. They were both tg-16 cd games. Never played either one but I read some pretty good reviews for them back in the day.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap!  That's awesome, I never knew about a sequel to Shadowgate.  I may have to track this one down.  

Back in the day Loom came with my PC.  It's a great game and highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

Yup yup. It was Beyond Shadowgate. It was a TG-16 CD game. It was pretty fun & the graphics were awesome (of course I haven't seen the game in 20 years).

Leo1

Slowest Games Ever Made?

Postby Leo1 » January 6th, 2012, 8:40 pm

[QUOTE=Dennis]I just remembered Activision's Checkers for 2600.  The screen would go black between each turn so the computer could "think," sometimes for extended stretches.  I may be remembering wrong but I think the instructions said it could take upwards of an hour per turn on the advanced level!  This is checkers we're talking about, how many possible moves could there be?!?[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm a terrible checkers player, but the novice game 1 setting always gave me a run for my money. I lose more often than not. So it has always moved pretty quickly for me.

Return to “Video Games General”