That One Level,....that you wish lasted longer

General and high profile video game topics.
N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » May 10th, 2012, 12:54 am

soporj (And me myself at one point) touched on the fact that in fact,eventually one will reach a level in any game that is frustrating as hell.

These levels of course can take forever,however for every one of those kinds of levels,are also ones that are an absolute blast to play but because of that,they just don't last long enough

So what is that one level that you wish lasted longer.

For me,it'd be Green Hills Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog,..yeah I know it's the first level,but it's one of the prettier stages,has a great theme,but the speed of the game makes and difficulty finishes the whole thing off too quickly.

And for a bonus,well how about a Bonus level,more specifically the Tundran Bonus mission in the first Battalion Wars. Between the more powerful units,the amusingly bad accents,and the map isn't hard to traverse.

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » May 10th, 2012, 8:56 am

The snowboarding level from Sonic 3 - love that section, the graphics and sound are adrenalin pumping - Sonic at his best.

Also the mission in GTA 3 where you have to take out the triads with the flame thrower - now that was fun !

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » May 10th, 2012, 1:28 pm

Halo 2 - When you're in the scorpion tank on the highway.  It's awesome to blow up all the ghosts as they come toward you.  That one section is so much fun and so short.  

I could definitely handle it being a bit longer.

soporj1

Postby soporj1 » May 10th, 2012, 2:17 pm

Pretty much any level from any good snowboarding game.

Viper821

Postby Viper821 » May 18th, 2012, 9:40 am

The Boot level from Super Mario Bros 3 World 5. Why was that only in one small level in the game?

Den1

Postby Den1 » May 19th, 2012, 2:24 pm

A lot of platformers have those one or two levels that have completely different control schemes than the rest of the game.... examples:  the rolling ball and bird levels in Mario Galaxy 2; the skiing stage in Yoshi's Island; the aforementioned Kuribo's Shoe stage in SMB2; the final stage of Kid Icarus, etc.  Those are usually my favorite stages in the game, though they probably wouldn't be nearly as fun if there were more of them.

Dynamo1

Postby Dynamo1 » May 20th, 2012, 7:21 am

E2M9 in Doom 1

Captain_Crunch1

Postby Captain_Crunch1 » May 22nd, 2012, 3:19 pm

[QUOTE=Sut]The snowboarding level from Sonic 3 - love that section, the graphics and sound are adrenalin pumping - Sonic at his best.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » May 22nd, 2012, 6:57 pm

This isn't really a level but there was a boss fight that I played the other day that was so much fun, I wished it lasted longer. It was the Twilight Princess boss from the Arbiter's Grounds dungeon, Stallord. He was the most fun boss that I've fought in recent memory. You had to ram him using the spinner item to damage him and it was like some awesome mixture of Zelda and pinball. I really wish there was a way to re-fight bosses in that game because I'd constantly be going back there. 

Return to “Video Games General”