2012/7/4: Nintendo 3DS: Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, Resident Evil Revelations

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2012/7/4: Nintendo 3DS: Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, Resident Evil Revelations

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 4th, 2012, 7:20 pm

These two games represent solid summer fun on the 3DS.  Comments?

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » July 5th, 2012, 1:51 am

I mostly agree with you on Revelations, it was a pretty fun game, but that red screen was unnecessary(the effect was so irritating that I had to switch off the 3D altogether to avoid serious eye strain) and the map was a little confusing, plus that one part with Keith and Quint defending the generators from a massive swarm of monsters was ridiculously frustrating, it took me dozens of tries to get past that part.

michaeld1

Postby michaeld1 » July 5th, 2012, 10:36 am

For Resident Evil: Revelations, did you use the Circle Pad Pro to play it or not?  Because I've heard people talking about how different an experience it is to play it depending on whether it's used or not.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » July 5th, 2012, 4:11 pm

Agreed on Revelations. Personally the flaws you mentioned weren't a big deal for me, and I loved this game. I do agree with darkrage6 that the Keith and Quint generator part was brutal. Still, fantastic game! Also should check out the other Lego game you mentioned.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 5th, 2012, 4:37 pm

[QUOTE=michaeld]For Resident Evil: Revelations, did you use the Circle Pad Pro to play it or not?  Because I've heard people talking about how different an experience it is to play it depending on whether it's used or not.[/QUOTE]

I did not use the Circle Pad Pro.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » July 5th, 2012, 4:59 pm

You know I worship Revelations, Critic, so this is a triumph to finally see this review.  B+?  I can definitely live with that.  A great score for a great game.    Now that this review is up, I can finally level with you on why I love this game so much.  You ready?  It's because you can stare at Jill's booty in glorious 3D for half the game.  THAT is a game worth owning, y'all.

Well done, as usual.

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » July 7th, 2012, 7:15 am

I love this site....
the first video game site I look at when I log on
I do not have a 3DS or even thing I will ever buy one but I read these reviews and comments as its from real people who play games.  Not journos who want a free lunch... or from a site where the advertisers are controlling the revenue...so garbage like Kane and Lynch get amazing reviews ... though when you play it... it is so average....
though I have to laugh the critic reviewed Ridge Racer (a series which he loves) as being good whilst everyone else said it was utter trash.. some things never change....
I played Revelation and it was indeed a revelation.  Excellent game I think though the critic should have given it an A as I was blown away by this game...  a few more quality titles like this one and I may change my mind....

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » July 7th, 2012, 4:08 pm

Astrosmasher, you're damn right!

Now that I think about it, I agree with the critic on the map system. I actually recall being confused on where to go because of it. That's probably why he didn't give it an A, but a B+ is still a great grade to get.

I love that just when you think the game is over, it isn't (The Shipwreck boss).

GaemzDood1

Postby GaemzDood1 » July 8th, 2012, 10:21 pm

Resident Evil: Revelations is easily the best 3DS game ever next to Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D & Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor - Overclocked. Its just what the 3DS ordered in the slew of bad launch games & children's titles. Hopefully, more developers take note from Atlus, Capcom, & Konami on these three games and make more like them, the 3DS could sure use them in it's drought of quality games (or lack thereof).

Captain_Crunch1

Postby Captain_Crunch1 » December 28th, 2014, 10:31 am

You can pick up Resident Evil Revelations for 3DS really cheap now, and it's absolutely worth it! I really like this game, despite the incomprehensible storyline. It looks and plays great (I don't have the Circle Pro Pad). I also like it because it's a great 3DS game that's not a ''kiddy'' game. I mean, I really like Mario and Donkey Kong and friends as well, but it's great to have some variation.

Return to “Review Feedback”