8/8/2006: Nintendo DS: Dig Dug: Digging Strike, Super Black Bass Fishing, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, True Swing Golf

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

8/8/2006: Nintendo DS: Dig Dug: Digging Strike, Super Black Bass Fishing, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, True Swing Golf

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 8th, 2006, 11:50 am

Is the VGC correct?  Don't hold back now!

Linkdude

Postby Linkdude » August 8th, 2006, 12:42 pm

You're right about Dig Dug, but the other reviews won't show up. I click True Swing Golf and it only takes me to the beginning of the M-Z list.

Michael D

Postby Michael D » August 8th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Well, I like the Dig-Dug review, but that's the only new review that appears in the DS section. I clicked the links for the others and they took me to the section, but the new reviews were nowhere to be found.   

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » August 8th, 2006, 1:00 pm

I have no idea.  I think you are right on about Dig Dug, but the other reviews aren't showing up for me

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 8th, 2006, 1:17 pm

Sorry about the technical glitch, and thanks to everyone who wrote in about it. 
It's fixed.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 8th, 2006, 2:27 pm

Wow an F for dig dug?  I'm sorry but I disagree totally.  It's just dig dug with some ideas that didn't pan out, and you can skip right through the talking.  It deserves a C- in my opinion, the classic dig dug game play is still there just in an altered form..

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » August 8th, 2006, 2:53 pm

First of all, as usual I can only read the letter grades on DS reviews as the pages keep "pulling down" when I try to read them, the video loads one small screen at at time, pushes down what you are tring to read, ad infinitum....not your fault of course, it's my outdated iMac..sloowwww modem....
But I wish companies would STOP rehashing "top ten" arcade games all the time. Ms.Pac Man has been re-released over twenty times not counting the SUPER versions and miss pac maze madness. Dig Dug has seen almost as many. C'mon companies! What about the far, far superior MR.DO!? From what I've seen of DRILL SPIRITS, it is VERY similiar to Do!Run!Run! -that game is far more fun. And release updated Ladybug, Mousetrap, Venture, Slither, Nibbler, Eyes..I could go on all night but I'll stop. Caffeine is wearing off. EYES: MAZE NUMBER NINE AND BEYOND! MR. LADYBUG! SUPER SNAKES:SLITHER TWO! NIBBLERS NIFTY TID-BITS OF YUMFUN!

Shawn

Postby Shawn » August 8th, 2006, 2:58 pm

Ya but you can get better "classic" dig-dug elsewhere. If you pay for extras they should work. I played the game, it stunk and I went right back to playing Dig Dug on my DC.  The only other game I played from this set of reviews was the fishing game and that deserves an F!!! The game is horrible! Again, I found myself going back to the DC for some fun fishing adventures. Nice reviews....anything else on tap for the DS?

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 8th, 2006, 8:54 pm

[QUOTE]Ya but you can get better "classic" dig-dug elsewhere [/QUOTE]

But not on the DS, and I liked some of the added stuff.  I've played classic dig dug many many times and while I love it some spice is always nice.  I dug the island aspect and the power ups.  It just got repetitive is all.  That's why I think a C is far more apt.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » August 8th, 2006, 9:25 pm

I would have given 'Swing Golf' a B or B- because it's got a better control scheme and many more courses/golfers than 'Tiger Woods' (so what if they're fictitious?).  The rest of the DS crop of reviews shows that Nintendo systems are still dependent on first-party games to make the most of the machine.  With few exceptions most third-party DS games pale compared to Nintendo-made software!

Return to “Review Feedback”