8/8/2006: Nintendo DS: Dig Dug: Digging Strike, Super Black Bass Fishing, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, True Swing Golf

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
bluemonkey1

8/8/2006: Nintendo DS: Dig Dug: Digging Strike, Super Black Bass Fishing, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, True Swing Golf

Postby bluemonkey1 » August 11th, 2006, 11:47 am

As an avid Splinter Cell fan let me just say why would anyone play the Gamecube versions?  Besides the shocking controls they completely lack the feature that makes Pandora Tomorrow and Splinter Cell so amazing - the multiplayer!  Not having the multiplayer mode basicly makes the Gamecube versions pointless.

These I like:
Pikmin 2
Metroid Prime 2 (not my deal, but incredibly solid nonetheless)

but haven't played them enough to know whether they really are great or just reasonable.  I mean the first Metroid Prime I spent more time on and it was good but definitely not great.

This looks interesting:
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

These I don't like AT ALL:

Donkey Konga

Paper Mario the thousand year door

Just saying for me personally there haven't really been many games in the past 3, maybe 4 years on Gamecube that have interested me much.  Don't get me wrong I am still glad I bought one. 

Since the start of 2004 the following games have been the only ones released that interest me:

RE4 (though I am waiting for the when I have a PS2 to get that version)

Killer 7

Geist

Star Fox Assault

Of course there were also these games that I liked but there is not point getting the GC version when XBox versions exist:

King Kong

Gun

Lego Star Wars

Spartan

Alien Hominid (coming to XBLA)

Serious Sam

Worms 3D

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » August 11th, 2006, 12:17 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

As an avid Splinter Cell fan let me just say why would anyone play the Gamecube versions?  Besides the shocking controls they completely lack the feature that makes Pandora Tomorrow and Splinter Cell so amazing - the multiplayer!  Not having the multiplayer mode basicly makes the Gamecube versions pointless.

[/QUOTE]
I think sometimes us hardcore gamers forget one little thing here: sometimes people only have one system.  Being that the GameCube was about $120 here while the other systems were still over $200, I have friends who bought a Cube and don't have the others.  They would still like to play Splinter Cell (for God knows what reason, as the games are as exciting as a box of rocks) and stuff like Need for Speed Underground, Prince of Persia, Sonic Gems collection, Megaman collection, Namco museum, Alien Hominid, etc.  As the Gamecube versions exist, they buy them.  Not everyone can decide, like us, to buy certain genres on certain platforms.  I prefer platformers on the Cube and FPS games on the Xbox, for example, but my casual gaming friends just buy whatever system they can get a deal on, and then buy games for that.

Return to “Review Feedback”