8/11/2006: Genesis: Eternal Champions, Street Fighter II Championship Edition, Super Street Fighter II

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

8/11/2006: Genesis: Eternal Champions, Street Fighter II Championship Edition, Super Street Fighter II

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 11th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Here are some fresh reviews of some old fighters for your reading enjoyment.

a1

Postby a1 » August 11th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Worse graphics or not I would take the Genesis versions of Street Fighter 2 over the SNES versions any day. It is so much better playing with the six button Genesis controller than to try to use the shoulder pads. When I play Street Fighter on anything but Genesis I have to put low punch and kick on the shoulders, and ignore them entirely. It takes quite a bit from the game.

Austin

Postby Austin » August 11th, 2006, 8:04 pm

I like playing street fighter on the SNES. I should try and find the genesis versions aswell

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 11th, 2006, 8:41 pm

Is it just me or is Bison damn near impossible in champions on the genesis?  And on a side note I've become quite fond of the terrible voice samples, ogart fame!

Zen444

Postby Zen444 » August 11th, 2006, 9:23 pm

You forgot to mention it was faster then the SNES version... I think.

Zen444

Postby Zen444 » August 11th, 2006, 9:39 pm

By that I mean, you forgot to mention it.

Anyway, you kind of went out of critic style with the end of Eternal Champions review. I dont' ever remember a time when you sounded like that.

Zen444

Postby Zen444 » August 11th, 2006, 9:51 pm

Yes you did mention it.

Well, I can't edit my posts now.

Also, now that you mention Capcom, I checked your X reviews, and you barely scratched them.

You got 7 more games to go critic!(Plus a rereview of Megaman X.)

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 11th, 2006, 10:27 pm

[QUOTE] While it mimics Mortal Kombat's storyline and SF2's graphic style, Eternal Champions lacks the balance, technique, responsiveness, and fluid action that made those fighters famous. [/QUOTE]

It's worth mentioning mortal kombat doesn't have any of those things either.  But what it lacks in actually being fun or well made it makes up in blood, and a lot of it. 

a1

Postby a1 » August 11th, 2006, 11:03 pm

[QUOTE=sega saturn x]

Is it just me or is Bison damn near impossible in champions on the genesis?  And on a side note I've become quite fond of the terrible voice samples, ogart fame!

[/QUOTE]

I grew up with the Genesis version, so as far as I knew, the voice samples were spot on. I love them as they are.

Benjamin

Postby Benjamin » August 12th, 2006, 4:47 am

Wow thank you for reviewing Eternal Champions. I loved this game as a kid playing it over at a friends house. Top 3 in genesis games for me. I thought the ending special killings were worth the game itself. My friend and I would spend hours trying to find the special area for the stage fatalities to take over.( this was before the time of internet to give away all the easter eggs in games) The stages were very eye catching and I liked the characters.  One of these days I'll buy a genesis for it again.

Return to “Review Feedback”