Ducktales Remastered - serious problem????

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » June 13th, 2013, 10:16 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Wfl7Q9m3I

So whats with all the long winded voice acting in the beginning? Is that skipable???

Go to 4:30 of that video, right in the middle of the gameplay. Bleck. If that's how it is, I'm out.....

What a waste of dev time. Take a classic game and wreck it with garbage. Everything else looks fantastic, how stupid.

michaeld1

Postby michaeld1 » June 14th, 2013, 5:16 pm

As a huge fan of the Ducktales enterprise, I'm loving the added story and voice-overs, especially since they got back the entire voice cast from the show, including the now 94 year old Alan Young as Scrooge.  I'd say it's fair to question whether or not the story interludes will get in the way of the gameplay, but based on what I'm seeing, it looks like they're balancing the two quite well, and to say that the added exposition is garbage that'll ruin the game is way too harsh.

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » June 14th, 2013, 10:40 pm

I don't really like the old school duck tales games. I gotta admit though this new one looks very nice.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » June 14th, 2013, 10:42 pm

They didn't get the entire voice cast of the show. Several voice actors that voiced some of the notable characters from the show have now passed on. So in at least a couple of cases here, they've had to use the official Disney substitute voice actor for a couple of characters. 

But the originals were used whenever possible. 

michaeld1

Postby michaeld1 » June 14th, 2013, 11:33 pm

[QUOTE=Leo]They didn't get the entire voice cast of the show. Several voice actors that voiced some of the notable characters from the show have now passed on. So in at least a couple of cases here, they've had to use the official Disney substitute voice actor for a couple of characters. 

But the originals were used whenever possible. [/QUOTE]

Of those who have passed that they couldn't get the voices of, I take it you mean Joan Gerber and Hal Smith, but were there others whose characters were in the NES game? And for that matter, were Mrs. Beakley and Gyro (voiced by the people I mentioned) even in the NES game?  I ask because, shockingly, I've never played it (the Ducktales game I grew up playing was The Quest For Gold for the PC/Commodore 64).

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » June 14th, 2013, 11:46 pm

I thought this looked pretty solid, it still amazes me how the cell shaded games of this generation seem to put you right in control of your favorite cartoons.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » June 15th, 2013, 1:33 am

Would be nice if all the attention this game is receiving led Disney to finish this program on DVD. It's a shame that 25 of the 100 episodes aren't available.

[QUOTE=michaeld][QUOTE=Leo]They didn't get the entire voice cast of the show. [/QUOTE]

Of those who have passed that they couldn't get the voices of, I take it you mean Joan Gerber and Hal Smith, but were there others whose characters were in the NES game? And for that matter, were Mrs. Beakley and Gyro (voiced by the people I mentioned) even in the NES game?  I ask because, shockingly, I've never played it (the Ducktales game I grew up playing was The Quest For Gold for the PC/Commodore 64).[/QUOTE]

It has been many years since I played the NES game so I couldn't tell you for sure. And since this seems to be taking inspiration from and expanding upon it, there very well may be additional characters present here that weren't there since it's not strictly a remake. 

What I do know is that Capcom has stated that they've utilized the original voice actors whenever possible and that the official Disney replacements were utilized when that was impossible. So at least one character's voice actor from back in the day was unavailable for this game for one reason or another so the voice cast isn't 100% original. 

So I assume that Hal Smith is likely a safe bet since Gryo is certainly an important character that seems all but mandatory to be represented here (and he also voiced Flintheart Glomgold, one of the secondary villains that appeared from time to time). But besides him and Joan Gerber that was Mrs Beakly's voice (And another minor character or two), there's also Hamilton Camp that has passed on (Fenton/Gizmo Duck) for a major character from the show. And the actor that voiced the recurring role of his mother, Kathleen Freeman, has also passed away.

But I hope the Gizmo Duck nonsense isn't here. The show was starting to lose a lot of its charm later on so I hope this game sticks to the earlier days of the program for inspiration and leaves junk like that and Bubba out of it.

El_Shamro1

Postby El_Shamro1 » June 16th, 2013, 3:12 pm

Well, I know that Bubba, Mrs. Beakley and Gizmo Duck all made cameos in the NES game.

Tron1

Postby Tron1 » November 7th, 2014, 6:55 pm

I just got this game used. It didn't have an instruction manual in the case. Did the game come with an instruction manual? I got it for xbox 360. Thanks ya'll.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » November 8th, 2014, 9:43 am

Hmm, I don't think so.

If it's anything like any of the newer releases, there are no instruction manuals.  Plus, it was originally a download game and obviously had no instruction manual, so I'd be surprised if they made one specifically for it.  

But this is my conjecture based on the download game and not a retail purchase, so, take it with a grain of salt.

Return to “Modern Gaming”