Game culture hits another low - the 2013 Spike VGX awards.

General and high profile video game topics.
Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » December 8th, 2013, 7:57 pm

Ah, Heavy Rain. Have you played it? Has Darky played it? I have. You either love or hate this game. I really enjoyed it, and, at the same time, am able to see why some would not like it. I haven't watched it on youtube nor have I based my impressions on stuff I might have read on the internet. And I haven't presented my entitled opinion (entitled as in 'I've played the game') as fact. Let me rephrase things for you, you could have said something like 'I found Heavy Rain boring', but then, that would have implied you played the game. How you might have accomplished that with only a 3DS and a WiiU....

I jest. You don't like AAA titles, modern video games in general that aren't from Nintendo. You know, you should make that your signature on the forums. This way, at least, things would be clear, once and for all. 

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » December 8th, 2013, 8:01 pm

[QUOTE=Oltobaz]Ah, Heavy Rain. Have you played it? Has Darky played it? I have. You either love or hate this game. I really enjoyed it, and, at the same time, am able to see why some would not like it. I haven't watched it on youtube nor have I based my impressions on stuff I might have read on the internet. And I haven't presented my entitled opinion (entitled as in 'I've played the game') as fact. Let me rephrase things for you, you could have said something like 'I found Heavy Rain boring', but then, that would have implied you played the game. How you might have accomplished that with only a 3DS and a WiiU....

I jest. You don't like AAA titles, modern video games in general that aren't from Nintendo. You know, you should make that your signature on the forums. This way, at least, things would be clear, once and for all. [/QUOTE]

Now I am being stereotyped and you are making assumptions.

I am making specific points against this game culture, why can you not address them, instead of trying to brush of my critiques by saying I am simply generally prejudiced against them? This is not fair to me, or to this discussion.

Can not things be discussed for their merits, or lack of merits?

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » December 8th, 2013, 8:12 pm

I'm not an "enemy" of the show because I don't take it seriously, most gamers don't take those shows too seriously in general. But you seem to think that ANYONE who actually likes AAA games is naive and/or ignorant, at least that's the impression I get from reading most of the threads you've started, i've seen you do more stereotyping of gamers then the VGX did.

Haven't played Heavy Rain, but when I eventually get a PS3, that game will be first on my list along with the Uncharted series(more games that received praise in regards to storytelling).

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » December 8th, 2013, 8:23 pm

You're constantly criticizing games and gaming platforms you haven't played, don't you see the fallacy? You're not entitled to discuss the merits, or lack of merits of games you've got close to zero experience with, yet, if you insist doing so, consider that sig idea I've just had. This would be the first steps you'd be making towards self acceptance, after all these years on these boards. Don't resist the troll mantle. Embrace it. As for the topic at hands, evaluating the game industry in light of a tv show... They say entertainment is business, and business is entertainment.

Greisha1

Postby Greisha1 » December 8th, 2013, 9:08 pm

Eh. I'm not concerned. It's not "Gaming Gospel" or anything. I won't be buying a PS4 or Xbox One any time soon (and I collect NES/Famicom games), so I doubt I'm in the "Spike TV Demographic."

I don't like Spike TV, so I don't watch it.

Am I proud of the game industry? Well ... I'm not expecting EA to invest in any "global philanthropy" projects anytime soon.

Tron1

Postby Tron1 » December 8th, 2013, 11:36 pm

I've never watched it, but isn't it designed to appeal to their target audience of 13 year-old boys? Don't they spend the most time playing & the most time buying? The adults that play games as much as teenagers must have a lot of time on their hands & limited responsibilities. Those adults that can play for hours everyday are quite possibly unemployed, less educated and maturation-wise like 13-year olds. Adults like many of us that can't play like we used too represent a much smaller market.

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » December 9th, 2013, 1:50 am

I'm sure at this point we're just pulling Steer's leg. I mean this "low blow" rhetoric against the current generation of gaming is hashed ad nauseum as it is.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » December 9th, 2013, 2:26 am

I agree, I generally don't post these kinds of negative topics.

I like Spike TV for Bar Rescue and that's about it.

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » December 9th, 2013, 3:22 am

If you don't like it, just change the channel and forget it ever existed. 

Return to “Video Games General”