What's your favorite Capcom Fighting game?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Rev1

Postby Rev1 » December 22nd, 2013, 4:53 pm

[QUOTE=rahimtx]I had more fun playing Saturday Night Slam Masters.[/QUOTE]

I totally forgot about this game. I had so much fun playing this as a kid. i loved this game. Wrestling mixed with a fighter was a great idea. This game is terrific.

rahimtx1

Postby rahimtx1 » December 22nd, 2013, 5:04 pm

It's actually more of a cross between wrestling and Street Fighter II.  One thing, other than the awesome gameplay, that made me really like the game was that it inluded ring entrances.  Its no big deal now and days, but back in the day it was pretty cool.

velcrozombie1

Postby velcrozombie1 » January 4th, 2014, 10:39 pm

This is a tough one. Although I played fighting games a lot over the last twenty
years or so, I never went beyond button-mashing against some friends until I
got Street Fighter 4 from Gamestop during a used game sale after Christmas
two years ago. I was bored one day during the following summer while waiting for a
friend to come over and I popped it in; a month later I had an arcade stick with Sanwa
parts and I knew who Daigo and Alex Valle were. If only because of the amount of time
I spent with it, Super Street Fighter 4 (I upgraded after a few days with the original) is
my default favorite Capcom fighting game, even if I recognize that it's not necessary the
best one; I'd give that title to either SF3: Third Strike or Marvel vs Capcom 2. I do love
the aesthetics of Darkstalkers, but I've played so little of it that I can't really judge
it properly.

On the other hand, I've loved Power Stone 2 ever since my cousin rented it for his Dreamcast
back in 2000 or so, and the great part about that game (besides the 4-player battles and the
constantly-evolving environments) is that anyone can play it in 5 minutes. I could play against
my two young cousins and not have to worry about them not being able to do special moves,
and also not have to hold back. I can't believe the Power Stone games don't get played by more
people, and I'm disappointed that they've never had a modern console release with
online multiplayer.

Irenicus1

Postby Irenicus1 » January 5th, 2014, 1:40 pm

Street Fighter II Turbo (SNES)

Capcom vs. SNK Pro (PS1)

El_Shamro1

Postby El_Shamro1 » January 5th, 2014, 6:13 pm

I'll have to say that my favorite is the original MvC. I loved how that game handled, and for some reason, everything about the controls, atmosphere and characters just intuitively felt better than in the sequels (that, and the others felt a little crowded, despite their awesome rosters). On the other hand, I have a soft spot for CvS2, and I feel that I'll probably lean towards that as my favorite once I've played it more.

Return to “Classic Gaming”