2014/1/21: Nintendo 3DS: Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, The

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 21st, 2014, 2:29 pm

Check out my review of this new 3DS classic!

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » January 21st, 2014, 3:53 pm

Best Zelda game in 20 years? HA! However it is very fun. For whatever reason though I feel nauseous playing it.

Then again, I have a massive cold [tongue]

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » January 21st, 2014, 5:07 pm

Nice review. Glad you did not really cry ;p

I liked the renting, I thought that bird coming to take away your weapons was a nice touch. Sheerow. Lol.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » January 21st, 2014, 5:20 pm

Agree 100% with two minor exceptions.

1) Renting is great as it allows dungeon exploration out of order, and buying is so cheap it's quickly a non-issue.

2) Not the best Zelda in 20 years. The best Game in 20 years. Period.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » January 21st, 2014, 6:54 pm

Glad you liked this game. I am not a huge Zelda fan but all the rave reviews is making me want to pick up the title. This was a solid review. Does seem kind of weird that you have to rent your stuff...

TheLastNightmare1

Postby TheLastNightmare1 » January 21st, 2014, 10:05 pm

There are two types of people (give or take a few billion): There are those who care about knowing where everything around them is, in a Zelda game, and those who care about not knowing. Those who embrace the former want an overhead view, so that they can strike instantly at any enemy, and know that they've covered every square inch of a world. They often want to master the game, completely. 

They tend to think Link to the Past is one of the, if not the, greatest games of all time.

And it's okay that this is who you are.

But there are those of us who enjoy peering around the corner, wondering what's behind it. We want to be surprised by an enemy sneaking up on us. We thrill to that feeling of being just a little powerless, as we hunt for the boss after they've just left our sight.

And we love invoking emotions through subtext, and metaphor, and things sometimes left unsaid.

We much prefer to collect masks.

I mention all of this, because I got the sense, reading your review, that it wasn't written for us at all.

And....I'm really okay with this. Actually, I love that I can come here, and read opinions that I completely disagree with. Do you have any idea how rare that is, these days? It's like nobody's allowed to have a subjective opinion anymore. But in your best reviews, you back up your opinions by describing how the game actually made you feel, and what you personally got out of the experience. In some ways, it's more like a movie review, rather than a simple checklist of graphics/sound/play control/bells and whistles we've come to expect from more mainstream sites.

And it frees you to use your entire scale of measurement, from A+ to F-.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that I really do think you're wrong in so many ways, and I can't wait to disagree with you again. Keep up the good work, Critic.

Return to “Review Feedback”