Wild Guns (SNES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Rev1

Wild Guns (SNES)

Postby Rev1 » January 26th, 2014, 1:00 am

Has anyone played this game? I have been looking for a half way decent deal on the game and finally picked up a copy. I have to say I'm in love with this game. It has a great pick up and play feel and I was immediately sucked in. The game play is a 3rd person shooter and you have all types of guns, bombs, and moves you can use with your characters. The double jump and rolls were also a nice touch. The game is challenging but not ridiculously so. I can't wait to play this game with one of my friends. I think the 2 player mode will be a blast.

JasonhasRSI1

Wild Guns (SNES)

Postby JasonhasRSI1 » January 26th, 2014, 5:41 pm

Absolutely one of the best SNES games that no one talks about, and easily the best shooter on the system. A gem.

Rev1

Wild Guns (SNES)

Postby Rev1 » January 26th, 2014, 8:15 pm

Yeah I would have to agree. Played this with my friend for like 2 hours and almost cleared all the stages on Normal mode. Kept getting destroyed on the final boss of the train stage. That one is pretty tough. Playing with 2 players is a lot of fun. We had a blast although my friend kept wanting to play Easy Mode. Screw easy mode.

vegas83

Wild Guns (SNES)

Postby vegas83 » January 27th, 2014, 7:16 pm

I read your quick review here and went to read the critics review and clicked on the ebay link to possibly pick this up when WOW, sticker shock. I dont think I saw copy for less then $175.00, that seems a bit muchm why is the price so high?
Can I ask how much did you get yours for?

Vegas833

Tron1

Wild Guns (SNES)

Postby Tron1 » January 27th, 2014, 8:12 pm

Another question: Superscope?

Rev1

Wild Guns (SNES)

Postby Rev1 » January 27th, 2014, 8:48 pm

Yeah, this game has gotten ridiculously expensive and I think this is the reason:

http://cinemassacre.com/2012/07/13/top-10-obscure-snes-gems/

This game and Hagane both increased drastically in price after this video came out. The AVGN is really popular so I guess I can understand why, but it's crazy expensive right now. I picked up a copy from a collector for about $100.

darkrage61

Wild Guns (SNES)

Postby darkrage61 » January 27th, 2014, 9:21 pm

You can get it on Amazon for 120 dollars, though that's still an awfully steep price, I could never see myself spending that much on a game unless I won the lottery or something.

http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Guns-Nintendo-Super-NES/dp/B00002STYJ

Rev1

Wild Guns (SNES)

Postby Rev1 » January 27th, 2014, 10:56 pm

[QUOTE=Tron]Another question: Superscope?[/QUOTE]

nope.

But honestly after playing the game it doesn't even need it. The controls are great and are really easy to use. I could see it being pretty fun with it but the game isn't designed like that. It seems specifically designed for the SNES controller. The thing to keep in mind is you are not playing from a first person view, but more of a third person viewpoint. In typical arcade shooters you are only controlling the gun but in here you have to control where your character is moving, plus you have jumps, bombs, whips, and rolls that you have to (can do) as well. The camera takes place behind the character but you are shooting into the background.

@darkrage

I checked the amazon link and that item that was listed seemed appropriately priced with what it is going for. The item had a tear on the label which usually isn't ideal for collectors but for people who would rather just play it. The problem is that many of the people who would usually pay for a discounted game (due to things as simple as a label) probably would still find the price too high and that those people would probably just opt to play it on an emulator or something. Still, it's a good find, a bit cheaper then other copies floating around right now.

JustLikeHeaven1

Wild Guns (SNES)

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » January 29th, 2014, 1:18 pm

I remember trying to score a copy of this years ago.  Back after I read the Critic's review and another member on the site told me how awesome it was.  I remember not wanting to drop $50 back in 2007-2008 for it.  I specifically remember letting a complete copy go at that price.

Years later when I went looking for it I saw that like Demon's Crest, another popular SNES game, it had JUMPED in price.

Unless the market dies down in upcoming years it will probably be something that I never get.

Danvankleef1

Wild Guns (SNES)

Postby Danvankleef1 » January 29th, 2014, 6:56 pm

I lucked out last year and found a copy at a used video game store. The label was faded to the point that the colors were almost gone (almost black and white), but otherwise it was in great shape. He had it for forty bucks, so I jumped on it. My brother is an snes superfan, so I gave it to him on the contingency that he never get rid of it. Nice to know where I can go to play it when I want....

Return to “Now Playing”