Flea Market Score!

General and high profile video game topics.
kew9820001

Flea Market Score!

Postby kew9820001 » April 6th, 2014, 9:23 pm

I was at my local flea market today when I came across this booth that had some oddball video game stuff so I decided to check it out. Things were pretty disorganized and after digging through a few boxes I didn't find anything that I was interested in or didn't already have. I was about to keep moving on when this particular box caught my eye. Inside was a pristine condition Turbo Express with the Turbo Vision attachment, original NEC power adapter, and a copy of Neutopia that had its original case but was missing the instruction booklet. I was shocked, I knew these were very hard to find but here I was holding one in my hand. I asked the guy what he wanted for it and he told me $50. I offered $40 and he took it. I could barely contain my excitement as I knew this was worth way more than $40. I took it home and fired it up. It worked flawlessly with the exception of one dead pixel. The morale of the story: never leave any stones unturned, you never know what you may find.

http://imageshack.com/a/img713/5580/5f4o.jpg

Tron1

Flea Market Score!

Postby Tron1 » April 7th, 2014, 7:56 pm

Dude, I've been looking for that. Can I have it back please?

Wallyworld1

Flea Market Score!

Postby Wallyworld1 » April 7th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Nice find!

I've always wanted one of those. I remember when it came out the only people that could buy those were the same people that could buy a Neo Geo.

They are notorious for have audio problems though. How is the sound on your TE? I think the sound issue can be fixed by changing a something simple like a capacitor.

kew9820001

Flea Market Score!

Postby kew9820001 » April 7th, 2014, 11:17 pm

The sound seemed a little low but I've already replaced ALL of the capacitors and now its great. Every capacitor on the board was leaking. The thing is pretty darn loud considering I used 47uf capacitors in place of the two 33uf ones on the audio circuit. I understand the Turbo Express is notorious for dead pixels and unfortunately mine has that issue. Thankfully it is only one. It doesn't seem to bother me much during gameplay. I'm already enjoying it very much since I just picked up the game I've always wanted which was only on the Turbo Grafx 16, Keith Courage in Alpha Zones. I can remember playing it in a toy store when I was a kid and somehow fell in love with this game but my parents couldn't afford to buy me the system since I already had an NES. Time to re-live my childhood.[biggrin]

Rev1

Flea Market Score!

Postby Rev1 » April 7th, 2014, 11:20 pm

Damn... Great find. I'm totally jealous.

txsizzler1

Flea Market Score!

Postby txsizzler1 » April 8th, 2014, 5:38 am

About a month ago, I bought a brand new, still factory sealed in the box, Intellivision for $95. I still haven't opened it. I will take pics, and post them later today. I wouldn't even begin to know the value of this item. Never have seen one still factory sealed before!

Paul1231

Flea Market Score!

Postby Paul1231 » April 8th, 2014, 11:51 pm

[QUOTE=txsizzler]About a month ago, I bought a brand new, still factory sealed in the box, Intellivision for $95. I still haven't opened it. I will take pics, and post them later today. I wouldn't even begin to know the value of this item. Never have seen one still factory sealed before! [/QUOTE]

I hate you.

Wallyworld1

Flea Market Score!

Postby Wallyworld1 » April 9th, 2014, 12:57 am

[QUOTE=txsizzler]About a month ago, I bought a brand new, still factory sealed in the box, Intellivision for $95. I still haven't opened it. I will take pics, and post them later today. I wouldn't even begin to know the value of this item. Never have seen one still factory sealed before! [/QUOTE]

Only factory sealed Intellivision that had sold on ebay recently was an intellivision II and it sold for $263. Not bad!

txsizzler1

Flea Market Score!

Postby txsizzler1 » April 9th, 2014, 8:54 am

Yeah, I saw that. Mine is an original Intellivision model. Was won in a contest eat back when, and put up in storage for ask these years. I was, and still am excited about it.

txsizzler1

Flea Market Score!

Postby txsizzler1 » April 9th, 2014, 9:43 am

The Intellivision!

Return to “Video Games General”