Are Company Exclusives System Sellers or not?

General and high profile video game topics.
Paul1231

Postby Paul1231 » April 12th, 2014, 12:59 am

[QUOTE=darkrage6]I don't think it's a short-sighted call at all, the majority of people will want to buy the version of Titanfall that looks the best, I don't see that many people buying it on the 360.[/QUOTE]

You seem to be missing the point that people who only have a 360 will need to spend over $400 to get the version that "looks the best" (with the help of a powerful microscope).

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » April 12th, 2014, 4:17 am

I think Sony and Nintendo have always supported their previous generation consoles during the transition years (I get as much marketing for PS3 stuff as I do for PS4). It is new for MS as previously focused purely on their new console and stopped supporting the previous one. Perhaps they are not as confident with the XBone as they were with the 360 ? Or they have seen how long a life Sony got from the PS2 and are merely following suite.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » April 12th, 2014, 11:52 am

I think the only thing that bothers me is that there are very few console sellers for the Xbox One and PS4 and yet the companies are still releasing there best games on multiple consoles. I would rather buy the version for a console that doesn't require an upgrade (right now) and then if I'm interested in upgrading (a year or two later) I'd buy the version for the new console, used. I doubt there are many people who are going to buy the new version for a console that is around $500 (even if it is slowly dropping) especially if there are no other reasons to buy the console. PS4 at least has Infamous. I can't really think of anything I'd want a Xbox One for.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » April 12th, 2014, 2:00 pm

Rev-What about Crimson Dragon, Ryse, or Dead Rising 3?

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » April 13th, 2014, 12:02 am

IMO- there is no reason to buy the console at this time.

Tron1

Postby Tron1 » April 13th, 2014, 7:03 pm

I think they help a lot. Halo & Mario have both helped don't ya think?

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » April 14th, 2014, 7:15 am

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-14-uk-chart-titanfall-back-top-thanks-to-xbox-360-version

Titanfall has been boosted back to the top of the UK all-format charts thanks to the launch of the game's Xbox 360 version.

71 per cent of Titanfall copies sold last week were of the new last-gen version, UK numbers company Chart-Track reported.

This, I think, explains it - the UK is an extremely depressed market right now, has been basically 'little America' in its game culture, so MS is strong there, and this version - with no hype or advertising or bundles, sells quite strong (in relation to the rest of the market) when it drops a month or so after the Xbox ONE game.

It sold in spite of MS - they did not promote it, but they did make it, for exactly this reason.

Return to “Video Games General”