Night Trap!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ActRaiser1

Night Trap!

Postby ActRaiser1 » May 20th, 2014, 8:59 am

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/19/night-trap-creator-planning-re-release-for-current-platforms/

Okay, so the link spells it out.

I'd be interested for just the giggles alone.  Plus, I think the wife would give me more than a few odd looks.    

I think I spent about 5 minutes with it and then threw something else in to try out my Sega CD when it first arrived from an eBay auction years ago.  I haven't tried it since.

Anyone play this?  Or would be interested in an updated version of it?

Sut1

Night Trap!

Postby Sut1 » May 20th, 2014, 9:15 am

I would buy it for ios definitely, I've found FMV style games really suit the platform along with point ' click adventure games.
I wouldn't go for it on PSN though to be honest.

scotland171

Night Trap!

Postby scotland171 » May 20th, 2014, 9:43 am

Twenty years later, no one will know who Dana Plato is anymore.   They could refilm the FMV sequences with a contemporary has been, like Lindsay Lohan. 

Vexer1

Night Trap!

Postby Vexer1 » May 20th, 2014, 1:39 pm

I'd definitely be interested, it would also be nice to see Maximum Surge finally get an official release(I know the FMV scenes were used in the movie "Game Over", but i'd still like to see the game proper come out)

Scotland-Lindsay's not a "has-been" yet, and I personally feel bad for Dana after reading about how bad things got in her personal life, and anyways I really don't see how it matters that she's not "relevant" anymore, why should that have an impact on the game?

scotland171

Night Trap!

Postby scotland171 » May 20th, 2014, 2:31 pm

Hey there Vexer / Darkrage

I have no idea the intent Hasbro originally had, but the game we got to enjoy was a slumber party of five co-eds.  So far so good, and the party is set in a house where something sinister had happened before. It even comes complete with a cutie in a nightie. All sounds like 80s slasher movie, except edited for PG movie of the week on UHF. Having Dana Plato in the game had an appeal like a modern wardrobe malfunction video on a C list actress getting clicks on You Tube.   I think Lindsay Lohan in a nightie might sell some games and get some press.  Don't you?  Making money is precisely on point. As for why Ms. Lohan, like Dana Plato, I think Ms Lohan's career will be little more than a string of minor roles in minor films from here on out.   Until she has a major role again, that would be the definition of a has been.

What happened to Dana Plato herself is tragic, but so it what happened to child actors on Family Affair and HR Pufnstuf and others. I kinda worry about the grown up girls from Full House, but none of that is the point here.  Are you suggesting we play the game or not play the game for Dana?  Was she taken advantage of by Hasbro, or exploited, or given another chance to act for money?   Do you have a social commentary about this game?

Oh, and I never said the word relevant in my laconic post, so why did you use it in quotes?  If its to show emphasis, your sentence structure should accomplish.  Except for being a run-on sentence with four independent clauses expressing four different ideas strung together, the sentence was fine. 

Sut1

Night Trap!

Postby Sut1 » May 20th, 2014, 3:11 pm

I'm liking the Night Trap reboot with Lohan idea - sign me up !

Atarifever1

Night Trap!

Postby Atarifever1 » May 21st, 2014, 6:15 am

[QUOTE=Sut]I'm liking the Night Trap reboot with Lohan idea - sign me up ![/QUOTE]
I don't think it will help so close to her death. When she ODs in a couple years the game will be considered in poor taste.

Vexer1

Night Trap!

Postby Vexer1 » May 21st, 2014, 1:44 pm

I thought this was a video game forum, not a "really bad celebrity jokes" forum(seriously, as someone as who has had relatives that have died from addiction, I REALLY don't find these "betting on celebrities to OD" jokes funny at all[mad])

At any rate, i'd like to see Corpse Killer get a similar release.

Sut1

Night Trap!

Postby Sut1 » May 21st, 2014, 3:37 pm

They could remake Plumbers Don't Wear Ties with Lindsay Lohan and Joey from friends, Charlie Sheen could play the lech boss / interviewer guy.
It could bring an end to shows like Celebrity Big Brother, the fallen celebs could move onto FMV game reboots instead !

Now who would make a good SCAT team commander in chief for a Night Trap reboot ?

scotland171

Night Trap!

Postby scotland171 » May 21st, 2014, 6:48 pm

If we're recasting Night Trap, how about the other ol' Hasbro film, Sewer Shark! 

We could have Danny Bonaduce for the sleazy Commissioner, who captures Falco, the female jockey played by....hmmmm....Tara Reid maybe?  Katherine Heigl? 
Need to cast the lead sewer shark and co-pilot.  Maybe McCauley Caulkin as the co-pilot.  Wonder how much Hugh Grant would cost....

I guess the idea is that these initial FMV videos were of very low quality.   Rather than just re-release them as a novelty, is the genre a source of untapped potential?  As Sut has said, why have these people on Dancing with the Stars, when they can be acting again for video games, rather than just voice acting.

Return to “Modern Gaming”